Shopping (Date?)

Chapter Fourty-Five

 ***Eunhyuk's P.O.V.***

 I stuffed the small black box into the inside of my jacket before zipping it back up and approaching the cafe. I looked in, nervous, as I scanned for the familiar face. Amanda... Wasn't there?...

Confused, I entered the cafe and stood by the door as I sent her a text, asking where she was. As I waited for a reply I continued to look around as to make sure I hadn't missed her.

My phone dinged as I got a message.

'Are you here looking for me? kkkk I'm just packing up in the staff room, don't worry. Ask Sunggyu oppa or Sumin Unnie to send you back?'

I shut my phone and approached the counter, embarrassed.

"What can I get for you?" the woman, I assumed was Sumin, asked.

I replied without thinking.

"Amanda?" I asked, before realizing what I'd said and freezing.

I could feel my cheeks heat up as the girl began to laugh.

"I-I mean..."

"I know what you mean," she began, clearly amused, "Amanda said someone was coming to pick her up, so I'm assuming it's you?"

I nodded my head sheepishly.

"You can head on back. Just down that hallway and on the right." she grinned.

Nodding in thanks, I quickly headed down the hallway until I reached the staff room door. I knocked.

"Come in~" Amanda called out from inside.

When I opened the door Amanda was standing in the corner of the room, getting her jacket on.

"Ready?" I asked and she nodded, smiling.

"I think I'll need your help, though..." she began and I raised an eyebrow, "I don't know what to get Kangin... Do you know what he likes?"

"I think." I replied, "But I'll do my best~"

"Gomawo" she smiled, bringing herself closer to me as we stepped outside of the cafe and into the cold winter air.

It was nearly dark out, seeing as the days were shorter than before, and that meant that they were quite a bit colder too. I fixed my scarf so that it covered most of my face before tugging Amanda closer to me and linking our arms.

"Come on, " I said, my voice muffled by my scarf, "Let's check those shops down the street..."

Amanda nodded and hugged my arm as we headed off in that direction. Thank goodness I had my scarf to hide the redness of my cheeks.

 ***Amanda's P.O.V.***

 I stood in the corner of the small shop looking around hopelessly for Kangin's present. Not much had changed in the ten minutes we'd been here; I still had no clue what to get for my oppa... Well, I was thinking of getting him a leather or hemp bracelet along with something else but I wasn't sure. I picked up a couple bracelets and sighed, unsure of which one to get him. As I looked at them I slowly glanced up, seeing Eunhyuk going through a rack of t-shirts. I continued to watch, smiling as he frowned in confusion. I was unusually happy at that moment, and I wasn't exactly sure why.

My eyes widened and my cheeks flushed red as he suddenly looked up, catching my eye. I looked away quickly, hoping he hadn't noticed that I'd been staring. And as I looked away, something caught my eye: a small black model of a car sitting on the table next to Eunhyuk.