Moving In.

Chapter Three

As i stepped in to my new home for the first time my eyes widened in disbelief. The place was enormous.

The living space was, well, spacious. Large windows looked out across the city on one end and on the other, it opened up further into the kitchen, a marble island lined with numerous stools separating the two spaces. In the living room sat not one, but three grey sofas surrounding a beautiful, glass coffee table. The remaining walls held a massive flat screen tv complete with a bluray player, surround sound and a ps3, DVDs and CDs lining the shelves below. Soaking in my surroundings I noticed the narrow hallway with multiple doors leading, to what i assumed was, the bathrooms, bedrooms, and offices.

"How many people live here?!" I asked, shocked.

Sora laughed, "Just him and his friends! Including you, there is going to be.... fifteen of you living here?... Well, 16 when one of them returns from the military."

"Are they all boys?" I asked incredulously.

She nodded.

"I'm living with fifteen boys?!" I nearly yelled, "Are you sure I can't just live with you??"

"Sorry, my place is under construction so I'm already staying over at one of my friend's houses.. But, don't worry, they're all nice guys. I'm sure you'll all get along fine. They're not even home most of the time.. But if you're really uncomfortable I guess I could try and work something else out.."

I felt horrible, ungrateful. "It's fine" I back-peddled. She'd already done so much for me. "But do my grandparents know?"

I was dreading the answer. I knew that if they found out that I was living with that many guys I would be shipped back home and my life would become a living hell once more.

"Huh? No, i haven't told them... Why? Does it matter? Should i?"

"No! It's okay. You really don't need to tell them." There was a long pause, "Please don't tell them?"

"I won't.." Sora said as she glanced at me oddly. "Let's get you settled."

I followed as she started walking down the narrow hallway I'd noticed earlier. She walked until she finally reached one of the many doors, opened it, and explained, "This is where you'll be staying. It's already furnished so you don't have to worry about moving in too much. Just needs a bit of colour and you to make it home. Hang some pictures or posters, unpack, graffitti the walls for all I care. My brothers room is right next door if you need anything. I'll go grab your bags while you take a peek around."

I nodded my head and started looking around the room as she left. It wasn't that big, just enough to fit a bed, a desk, a dresser, and a bean bag chair. A full length mirror hung on one wall, and a couple shelves on the other. It was comfortable and cozy. I liked it. But Sora was right, it really did need some decorating to make it feel more like home. 

*** Lee Sora's POV***

I quietly left Amanda to look around her new room. Sitting on one of the stools by the counter, I pulled out my phone and called my brother. "Noona? What's up?" he answered. 

" I just wanted to call and let you know that your new roommate moved in today. How's the tour going? Are you getting enough sleep?" 

"It's going great! It's a lot of work as usual, but I'm trying to get some sleep..." he paused before continuing, "Tell us about our new roommate though! You're on speaker phone with rest of the gang and they're dying to know." 

"Your new room mate? They're pretty cool, normal I guess..." They didn't need to know that their roommate was girl. It would just takes away half the fun! 

"Really? Well can you gi-" Siwon began, but was soon cut off.

"hey!!! How old is he?!" Kyuhyun yelled into the phone, interrupting Siwon mid sentence. 

"A year younger than you, why?" 

Kyuhyun started chuckling but stopped with a "thump". 

"Don't even think about picking on them!" Leeteuk scolded. 

That "thump", I now knew, was Leeteuk hitting the poor (but evil) maknae over the head. After some rustling around Siwon was finally back on the line. "Ignore them... I was going to ask, could you give him my email? He flew in from America, right? I think i know enough english to talk with him. I bet it's tough moving all the way out here and he'd like to know the people he'll be living with." 

"I mean... Sure." It would probably give Amanda peace of mind knowing at least one of her roommates before they flew back. "But can you take me off speaker phone for a second?"

I decided that I would have to tell Siwon now if I wanted to avoid him telling the others later when he found out. There was a pause and the noise of the others in the background dampened.

"What is it?" 

"you absolutely cannot tell the others, okay? I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Speakerphone is off and you can trust me.. what is it?"

"When I first asked about our family friend moving in, you guys made your assumptions and I never corrected you... But your new roommate is a girl. She's really nice and I'm sure you'll all get along fine anyways." 

"What??" Siwon choked out.

"Is something wrong, hyung?..." I heard a muffled Ryeowook ask in the background. 

"I'm fine. It's nothing..." Siwon replied.

"Really..." I responded. 

"Does sh- Does he know who we are?"

"She knows that she's moving in with a group of my brother's friends and that's it."

There was a pause. "You'll still give him my address?" 

"Of course! I'm just helping her move in, but I will later."

***Amanda's P.O.V.***

I walked in just as Sora got off her phone and eyed her suspiciously.

"Sorry, I just had to call my brother." 

"It's fine, I was just wondering what was taking so long" I smiled. 

"Just catching up, letting him know that you're getting settled.  I nodded as we both grabbed ahold of my bags and dragged them towards my new room.

Once they made it down the hall, I laid them down in the middle of the floor and began to unpack. I didn't have that much; my favourite old posters and pictures, notebooks containing my diaries and sketchbooks, some books, music, DVDs, my computer, childhood stuffed animals, and some clothes. 

Within a couple of minutes I had already thrown the stuffies on the bed, organized the books, CDs and DVDs on the shelves, and arranged my computer and the majority of my notebooks on the desk. As i began to put up some of my many posters, Sora walked in. 

She began looking through the remaining objects in my bag; my clothes, picture frames and photo albums, then looked up at me in surprise. "Are these the only clothes you brought?" she asked, motioning to what sat in my bag; a pair of sweatpants, two pairs of skinny jeans,  jean shorts, and a couple of old t-shirts. 

"Yeah?" I asked more than responded. 

"We are going shopping with me first thing tomorrow morning, no excuses. We have to at least buy you some newer clothes and another jacket. What kind of closet is this?" Sora gasped, half horrified, half amused. It wasn't my fault,  I never had that many clothes to begin with and, moving to a new country, I'd packed light. 

I agreed and she placed a small piece of paper on my desk. "This is one of your roommates emails, he asked me to give it to you. Email him when you can, he's a nice guy and is happy to help you with anything you need... He also thought you'd like to know at least one of them before they come back." 

"Thank you.." I mumbled, I hoped that we would get along.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N:

Thank you so much for the comments and the ppl who became fans!! i really appreciate it <3