1: It All Started

Rick asks Kate out to dinner, and she says yes!
__________

"Getting ready to head out, Detective?" Richard Castle asked as he exited the break room, proceeding to stroll over to the lovely detective's desk. He had his normal cocky grin on display but was not met with the clever clip he was normally expecting from her.

"It's not even eight, Castle." She groaned, flipping through paperwork, blowing some hair out of her eye-line.

"I know, but you look stressed." He said gently as he sat down in his chair. Leaning slightly forward, placing his elbows on the left corner of her desk, trying to meet her eyes. Her lovely hazel eyes, with splashes of green. The fields he wanted to spend his whole life roaming. But her hair was covering those two orbs of beauty.

"Being 'stressed' is not a reason to leave work two in a half hours early." She snapped harshly.

"Yeah it is."

"Castle!"

"Go to dinner with me." He blurted. His eyes slightly bulging, but a smile crept onto his face as he saw a slight rose blush appear on her cheeks. Had it worked? His plan hadn't exactly gone into motion how he had planned it, but this was just as good as any. And he actually thinks it working. His grin only increased as he awaited her answer.

"Wh-what?"

"Tomorrow night, because obviously getting you out of work tonight isn't an option. So, tomorrow night. I'll have my driver pick you up at 7:00 sharp and then he'll take you too the restaurant, where I'll meet up with you. It's fancy, but not to fancy, and everything will be on me, so don't worry about anything money wise. It'll be a night to remember." He tried to make this as easy as possible for her. He was desperate of course, but he didn't quite want her to pick up on that. He didn't really leave her a space to opt out, or give him a 'no,' but if she spoke up against it, or he felt any sign of discomfort in her, he would of course cancel immediately.

"But-I-"

"Say yes." He pressed with his charming smile protruding. But she could read in his that if she said 'no' he would be totally ok with it.

"Yes." She said biting her lip, with a more questionable tone than a certain one, but she replied rather quickly, which to Castle meant that she really wanted this. But he could see in her eyes that she was kind of nervous, there was a different glimmer in her eyes that he hadn't seen; but in that glimmer, he did see hope.

He gave her a goodbye nod, and set down one last coffee before turning and walking towards the elevator. He was smirking to himself the entire time while he strode the walkway like he owned the place. When he finally stepped inside of the elevator, he made eye contact with Beckett and winked before smiling once more as the elevator doors closed in front of him.

"Go to dinner with me."

Those words were being repeated in the mind of the detective as she finished up her paperwork. The Richard Castle had asked her out to dinner...dinner!
And she said yes.

What had possessed her to do so?

Of course Beckett had a crush on him, but who doesn't? When he asked this question everything in her was screaming no, to just keep it professional, except her heart. Her heart was telling her to go full speed ahead and go out to dinner. And now she is. She had spent enough time listening to her brain and letting it set the pace for the emotional parts of her life, which she now realized was not the way to live. She wasn't risking anything. And she had remembered Castle once telling her that "risking our hearts is why we're alive," and how the last thing you want to do is to "look back and wonder, what if."