10: Life Got Cold

Castle and Beckett decide to walk home from dinner on a nice night, being all cute and loving, until they come across a somewhat disturbing event and are forced to step in and help

•••

My life got cold
It happened many years ago
When summer slipped away
So chill now whoa
We've gotten many years to go
So take it day by day
And long ago I lost my soul
To some forgotten dream
But how was I supposed to know
It wasn't what it seamed
And even though the last to know
Has left me on the floor
I don't believe in Romeo's and heroes anymore

Girls Aloud - Life Got Cold

•••

"You really think so!" Castle said, fake offended by her words.

"I do! I think Emma Roberts is definitely better than Emma Stone." Kate defended chuckling at her childish fiancé.

"You just haven't seen the best of Emma Stone." He smirked bumping her a little with his shoulder. She smiled. He never ceased to make her smile.

Castle and Beckett had just gotten finished with the nicest dinner at Le Cirque, and decided to walk home, instead of having Castle's driver take them back to the loft. It wasn't a long drive and it was a nice night. Plus after all the food they ate, they couldn't deny the exercise they needed. They held hands and picked up and left off in a frenzy of little arguments over who does what better, and in this current situation, which Emma is the better one.

"Castle I'm sure we could argue about this all night, but..." she cooed leaning her head on his shoulder and tipping her head up to his ear, she whispered, "I kind of had other things in mind. You know, more physical things, hot and sweaty things."

"I'll call my driver." Castle said with little voice, to intoxicated by that of his lovers nightly proposal.

"No, I'm pretty sure you can wait the ten minutes it takes to get back to the loft."

"It takes more like 15." He pouted.

"Oh, no, five extra minutes, whatever will you do." She looked at him and her playful tone couldn't help but turn is pour into laughter as well.

"You wanna know something funny?" Castle challenged.

"How could I refuse."

"When I first met you, I'm not going to lie, I wanted you, not like I do now,  but I wanted you as an object. I wanted you when I wanted pleasure and I'm not going to deny it. I was a playboy and i was a jerk to women, but all that changed once I got to know you, once I got to know that my ego wasn't the most important part of me, and that not all women wanted me for my money, you wanted me for me, and that's why I can never leave you. I don't want ever to leave you. You're like a breathe of fresh air and I never want to stop breathing."

By the time he was finished, Kate's smile had grown so big, that he thought it would go off her cheeks. Kate stopped walking grabbed both of Castle's hands, and kissed him with passion. He placed his hand on her hips and to soothe the loss of heat from their hands touching, she intertwined them around his neck, and ran them through his hair.

"Can I tell you something too?" She said with a curious grin.

"Anything."

"The money was a major contributing factor for me." She giggled and Castle replied to her joke, with a slight push on her shoulders.

"Hey!" She giggled.

"And to think-"

"Castle don't take it seriously I was kidding." She said as they began to walk again.