6: It's About Time

Rick Castle hears a knock on his doors at 4:27 in the morning and opens it only to feel the body of his favorite New York detective collapse into his arms.

•••

I'm asking myself
If living without a feeling is really living
Is heaven everything any good
If everything's all you have

Cheryl - It's About Time

•••

Kate's eyes were burning. Her whole body was burning, and hurting. Her whole body felt sticky. She rapidly blinked her eyes to adjust to the light. She knew she was on a bed and it felt soft. She rolled around and immediately felt pain all over, more than when she was laying still. She wanted to sit up, and see where she was but she couldn't. It hurt too much. But she did. She let out a groan of pain and wrapped her arm around her stomach. She felt skin against skin. Why didn't she have a shirt on. She had a bra on, but no shirt. She looked down and she had no pants on but did have underwear. What the hell happened to her? She was scared. Her head was pounding and so was her heart. She felt dizzy and couldn't keep her body from trembling. Kate looked to her right and saw a glass of water and an a pill laying on the table.

She picked up to glass and smelled, making sure it was only water. It was, so she took a sip and moved her hair out of her face, "ugh." She groaned and quirky pushed the covers off of her. She slowly moved her legs over the side of the bed and saw light shades of purple showing through her skin. She pushed her body up and immediately hit the floor with a boom. She cowered afraid of who was going to come in and what was going to happen.

The door quickly opened, and a familiar figure came in. Castle. Kate backed away in fear and Castle quickly bent and calmed her down, "It's ok, Kate, shh, it's ok."

"Wha-what?"

"You're ok."

She paused for a second before looking down at herself.

"Don't look Castle!" She yelled as she covered herself, "Where are my clothes?"

"I put them in the washer when you came here. They were...dirty."

"I came here?"

"Yeah, a cab dropped you off. The front desk called me and told me that there was a woman down here asking for me."

"What?"

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure it will come to you, can I help you up?"

"No, turn around!"

"I'm the one who put you in the bed, I've already seen-"

"Castle!"

"Fine!" He put his hands up in surrender and turned around.

He heard Kate struggling behind him and then her sigh, "Castle, I need your help." She complained.

"That's what I was saying." He went to turn around and she smacked him.

"No!"

"Then what do you want me to do!"

"Go get me a blanket." She somewhat demanded in her groggy state.

"Ok, fine hold on." Castle ran out of the bedroom and then almost seven seconds later was back covering his eyes while holding a black and white blanket. He handed it to Kate and when she said ok, he turned around.

"Just don't grab to hard, ok?"

"Yeah, I know." The two wrapped their arms around each other as Rick helped Kate to her feet. Her knees buckled, but he was there to catch her.