24: Fetish

Kate tells castle about how she wants to break up with Deming because she likes someone else and that's Castle

•••

You got a fetish for my love
I push you out and you come right back
Don't see a point in blaming you
If I were you, I'd do me too

Selena Gomez - Fetish

•••

"Are you ok?" He asked. He had been asking her this for the past three days. The first words that would come out of his mouth. No, she thought, she was not ok. She was feeling things. Things for him. And she shouldn't. He doesn't need another woman in his life. Especially one as problematic as her. She shook her head and turned back to the paperwork she was currently working on. It took her a few minutes to get back into the groove of things but eventually her thoughts cleared and work mode came on. She continued to work until she felt a presence behind her. She knew who it was without a doubt.

"You gonna sit down or what?" She joked while continuing her work. Behind her Castle jumped a little at her ability to sense him.

"Oh, yeah, right." Castle then sat down and extended his left arm, holding her coffee. Beckett smiled at this kind gesture he did each and every day. Even on the worst days there's a possibility for joy. Her own quote rang through her head. It was true. Even when they bickered and ended the night on a frustrated note the next morning her would bring her her coffee as some sort of apology, and her taking it and saying thank you was her way of apologizing and accepting his. So Kate reached out her hand as well and took a sip of her drink, humming as the warm liquid ran down her throat and into her stomach. She caught him smiling at her and she couldn't help but smile back. The things he did to her. The wondrous things he could do with her. She chuckled to herself at her thought hoping Castle wouldn't notice. But he did.

"What's so funny, Beckett?" He teased bumping her shoulder. Kate was surprised when a laugh, a genuine laugh, escaped her mouth. She immediately covered her face with her hands, feeling the heat on her cheeks, "Are you blushing!" Castle laughed. A few seconds later Beckett removed her hands from her face and looked at Castle. By the look on his face she could tell that her cheeks were bright red.

"Nothings funny, Castle." She sighed taking a calming breath.

"But you were laughing, what were you laughing about?" He poked.

"Just-well, nothing." She tried, but her stutters were noticeable.

"Come on just tell me." He smiled, and dammit it was a gorgeous smile. She loved the way his eyes smiled as well, she was in lo-. No. She's in a relationship. With Tom. But to be fair things were a little rocky between them at the moment. It's always hard dating a coworker even if he works on a different floor. They would only be able to talk to each other at certain times and barely ever saw each other with their ever changing schedules. Plus the fact that she was beginning to feel things for Castle. She felt those butterflies in her stomach since the day they met, and she always thought it was nervousness of meeting her favorite author. But no, now it was clear, she had feelings for this man, and they have been gradually growing over the past two years. Fuck. She thought. How was she to go about this?

"I'm telling you that it was nothing." She said taking another sip of her coffee.

"Secrets secrets are no fun, secrets secrets hurt someone." He pouted.

"Oh my goodness Castle, grow up." She teased him this time.

"If you would just tell me I wouldn't still be bothering you."