22: Bright

Castle own a house in Lake Arrowhead, California and decides to go out there with Alexis and Kate for a small getaway for spring break. Although a storm is brewing, what will happen, and who will it affect?

•••

I think the universe is on my side
Heaven and earth have finally aligned
Days are good and that's they way it should be

Echosmith - Bright

•••

It was the second week of May, why would there a snowstorm?

Castle thought it would be a good idea, and experience, for him, his fiancé, and his daughter to go up to his house in Lake Arrowhead, or as he likes to call it, The Barn. It doesn't resemble a barn but he always liked them and figured that this house had to have a name.

At first Beckett was a bit hesitant because going to the mountains gave the chance of snow and she only had a weekend break, but Castle convinced her that since it was the first weekend in May, and snow begins to roll in by June, there was a slim, slim chance for a storm. So she gave in and decided to enjoy her weekend with her family.

They flew to California on Castle's private jet and drove the rest of the way from Los Angeles to Lake Arrowhead with an elevation of a little over 6,000 feet.

Alexis was staring out the window in awe, "look daddy! Look Katie! Look at all the green!" She squealed.

It was nearing 6:00 and the sun was just beginning to set, as they were nearing the final curves up the mountain.

Kate reached over and placed a hand on Rick's thigh and gently massaged it. Castle looked over quickly and flashed a smile.

From the airport to his house was about two and a half hours. They had accomplished the first two hours and were nearing the end of the trip, only about fifteen more minutes to go.

"Alexis, honey, when we get there, put your stuff in your room, but don't stay there to long because we're going to make dinner, ok?" Castle said, turning the car off the road and onto their private dirt road.

"Ok, daddy," Alexis replied, "what are we making?"

"What do you want?"

"Spaghetti, please."

"Spaghetti it is."

Castle drove slowly in the oncoming dark and the narrow road only made the turns ever so cautious. To far of a turn, or too much of a slip would send them going over the edge.

They pulled up in front of the garage door and Kate looked at her window in wonder.

"Wow Castle, first you take me to the Hamptons, then you take me to this, you trying some weird angle or somethin'?"

"Only the best for you my love." He said and hopped out of the car to open for Beckett. After he helped her out he went and did the same for his daughter. They strolled up the little bridge and entered the code to the house. It was three stories.

Alexis took her two backpacks with her and ran up the stairs to her second story room. Kate grabbed hand in hand with Castle as pulled two suitcases while Beckett carried two smaller bags.

"Such a gentlemen." She giggled.

"Tell me about it. Wait here." He picked up the two suitcases and ran up two flights of stairs. Then came back down and took the two smaller bags and gestured for her to follow.