15: Zombie

Kate is a strong and experienced, manipulating interrogator, but what happens when she meets her match, and Castle can't seem to keep his mouth shut from behind the glass?

•••

Everybody in the building disappear
That's the way you looking at me
Whispering silly nothings in my ear
Careful now, this could get ugly

Qveen Herby - Zombie

•••

Detective Beckett strutted into Observation Room 1 and slammed the door to get her suspects attention. He kept his feet on the table, and his head facing the mirror, only averting his eyes for a mere second to look the detective from head to toe. He grew a cocky grin.

"Well isn't it my lucky day, I get a pretty cop." His smirk didn't fade, yet turned into a sort of lust, as if trying to mentally undress her.

"Eyes on me." Beckett said pushing his feet off the table, hearing them echo as they hit the ground.

"Oh, believe me, detective. They are." He placed his elbows on the table and stared straight into her eyes. Kate brushed off the uncomfortable feeling and did her job.

"Mr. Rockfield, tell me, how did you know Lilian Foster?" She placed the headshot of the woman on the table.

"Never seen her before."

"You didn't even look."

"I don't need to, I got all the woman I need, right here." He laughed to himself.

Once again Kate brushed him off.

"Neighbors claimed they not only heard, but saw you pounding on her door around 11:00pm."

"What neighbors?" He scoffed scooting back in his chair.

"They wish to remain anonymous. But because it was so late, the loud pounds on the door woke pretty much the whole block."

"Then that block don't know shit."

"Oh and you do?" She replied with a little more than a hint of sarcasm mixed with a sprinkle of irony.

"I do. I know when to pound a good one when I got em'. Pound em', smash em', bang em', fuck em'. Whatever you want to call it. It's the same thing. Potato, potahto." He pushed back in his chair trying to balance it on the back two legs.

"Yeah, well this is the only one I care about." Beckett said tapping the photo.

"You got a boyfriend? It doesn't matter either way though. Oh! Is he the cop who tackled me outside?"

"The man who tackled you was not a cop, Mr. Rockfield, he was a consultant with the NYPD, so what does that say about you?"

"That I was hoping maybe a sexy lady like you would tackle me, I like when they're on top," He placed the chair back down and shook his shackles, "take these off and I can show you."

"I think I'll pass. Now-"

"Detective, I'm gonna have a little issue that's going to need solving, you're solving, in a few if you keep baiting me like this. And I don't need Albert Einstein to tell me that that mouth can do more than just talking."

"Mr. R-"

"Call me Jared."

"Mr. Rockfield why were you upset with Miss Foster? What did you two argue about?"