9: Only Human (part 2)

The next day Kate woke up feeling sick. Physically and mentally. She called out sick to work which is something she normally never does but with everything that happened yesterday between her and Castle and this slight oncoming cold she though it would be better for everybody. She looked at her phone and saw that she had no notifications from Castle. Maybe her point got across to him, or maybe he gave up on her. Maybe she should give up on him. But she couldn't she loved him too much, even after everything that happened between them over the past 24 hours. Kate rolled over onto her stomach and buried her head into her pillow, she wanted to work tings out between her and Castle, but she had no energy to fight anymore. If he doesn't trust her then why should she even try. She shook the thought from her head and forced herself to get up and make coffee. This time she didn't throw it away. She actually had a cup. But it tasted like trash. She didn't end up finishing it. She got dressed and decided to go on a run. 

Feeling the crisp New York spring air fill her lungs she was able to gain a whole new perspective on the situation. Maybe Castle was insecure himself about their relationship and was afraid that she would cheat so he went out of his way to try and make sure that this would never happen and in turn it turned into a trust issue stemming from his own insecurities. But she could be wrong. It could also be just control he was craving in his life and it manifested somehow into his relationship with her. Whatever the reason she felt the need to talk to Castle and work things out between them. Trust was a big part of a relationship and even though she was scared to embark on this unfamiliar journey with him she placed her trust in him and was able to feel okay and less scared. Now it was time for him to do the same thing. She ran for a while longer and then began to walk. Not home, but to Castle's loft. After all she had the route memorized from all the other times she was there. When she entered his building the doorman greeted her and ushered her to the elevator. She had a feeling that the doorman had a crush on her. But she ignored it, she was determined to make things right with Castle. 

Part of her expected him to try and make the effort but she was the one who pushed him away when he tried. She needed to work on that the same way Castle needed to work on his trust. They could do it together. And that could and would make them even stronger. When she reached his door she hesitated for a quick second. She second guessed herself and doubt began to creep in. But she shook it off and knocked quite loudly. She was expecting Castle to answer the door but instead it was Alexis. And she was surprised to the detective standing at the door.

"Detective Beckett? Hi."

"Hi Alexis. Um, can I come in?"

"Oh, yeah, of course." The redhead let the brunette in and they walked over to the kitchen island where Alexis continued to make her breakfast.

"Is your dad home?"

"He's in his room, but he doesn't want to be bothered."

"This is important though."

"He told me what happened though, well, not all of it. He just told me you to had gotten into an argument and it wasn't going in the right direction. But if you ask me he wants anything but to be alone. So feel free to go in whenever you're ready. I might be gone by the time you to finish talking, I've got a morning study group."

"Alright, thank you so much Alexis."

"Anytime."

Kate then began to walk away when Alexis called out one last thing.

"Oh, and if it means anything, he really loves you. More than anything."

Kate nodded and then headed into the direction of Castle's bedroom. She knocked softly before turning the handle. As she entered the room it was still dark inside, the blinds were drawn and the lights were still off. It seemed as if it was still the middle of the night in here. 

When Castle heard his door open after a quiet knock he figured that it would be Alexis telling him goodbye or something, so he didn't turn around, he just opened his mouth to tell her a quick goodbye.

"Goodbye sweetie, see you later today." He said.

Kate took a deep breath before she replied, "It's not Alexis..."

The moment Rick heard Kate's voice, her beautiful voice, he turned over in bed and sat up. Shocked, he wiped his eyes to make sure she was really there, and she was. 

"Kate, wh-what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Can I sit?" Beckett asked. Castle nodding scooting over and Beckett sat down next to him on the bed. There was a moment of silence between the two before Kate spoke again, "I came over, because I wanted to talk about yesterday."

"Oh."

"I was hoping we could talk about it together rather than a one sided conversation of just me talking or just you talking."

"Ok, I'm willing to do anything you want to do." He quickly said, just happy that she was here and talking to him after what an asshole he had been to here yesterday.

"So about yesterday-"

"Listen, Kate," he interrupted, "Yesterday I came over to apologize, genuinely apologize and tell you how much I trust you."

"I'm sensing a but."

"But...my fears got the best of me and I resorted back to being an asshole to you, and for that I am so sorry."

"It's ok." She tried to reassure him.

"No it's not. You've done nothing for me to question your trust, yet I did. And I had no right to so I'm sorry."

"I just want to know why you don't trust me." 

"It had nothing to do with you but everything to do with me. I don't have the best reputation currently, people see me as a playboy, but really I'm just looking for the right person. And i guess because people expect me to cheat, I'm so scared that someone is going to cheat on me. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but..."

"No it makes sense, you don't want to be rejected by people who claimed you to be the rejector. Even when in reality you're not."

"Exactly. And I'm so sorry for being that way and being so insecure, I'm supposed to be a man. I'm pathetic."

"Richard Castle you are not pathetic! Kate reprimanded, "You are a wonderful, caring, compassionate, and understanding man who will do anything for the people he loves. I don't ever want to hear you call yourself pathetic again, ok?"

"Ok. Thank you Kate, for coming over here to talk with me. I was going to call or text but I figured you'd want time to yourself to think."

"Thats doesn't mean I didn't miss you. I missed you like crazy."

"Just know that you can talk to me about any of this and I'll never judge you and never think less of you for what you confide it me."

"I know that now. And Kate?"

"Yeah?"

"You know when I was talking about finding the right woman earlier?"

"Yeah."

"I think it's you. No. I know it's you." He smiled a smile full of love at her and she met it with a loving smile of her own. The two leaned towards each other and connected their lips softly yet with such passion as their first real kiss. Castle let his hand cup Kate's cheek, and Beckett let her hand find her way into Castle's hair. Their kiss didn't last long but it meant the world. It meant the beginning of their new found trust with each other.

And that's something pretty amazing.

TWO THINGS! 1) IM SORRY FOR THIS BEING SO SHORT I ACCIDENTALLY MESSED UP CHAPTERS (IM AN IDIOT :)) AND 2)I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE RIGHT VERSION OF PART TWO AND FORIGVE ME FOR MESSING WITH YOUR FANFIC HEARTS ON ACCIDENT. I LOVE YOU ALL, REMEMBER TO VOTE AND SHARE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY ENJOY!!!!!!

:)