34: Treat You Better

Castle telling Kate why she shouldn't be with josh and should be with him.

///

I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it on your face
When you say that he's the one that you want

I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better

///

"Yeah...yeah...yes...bye" Kate huffed turning off her phone, throwing it down on her desk. She then plopped into her chair and sighed. She placed her face in her hands.

"Want to share?" She heard Castle ask from his seat beside her. He had his usual peppy voice, but she could tell there was concerned tones to it as well. She wanted to tell him off, but it was the concern he had for her that stopped her.

"Nothing, just, personal stuff." She told him, removing her face from her hands, resting her chin on her knuckles. She risked a glance at him and saw the unconvinced raise of his eyebrows. She didn't want to tell him that she just got off the phone after arguing with Josh because he would find joy in that. Then he would probably tell the boys, and soon they would all be up in her business about who they like to call 'Dr. Motorcycle Boy.'

"What kind of personal stuff?" Castle quipped, leaning forward ready for her to spill.

"It's really nothing..." Kate tried.

"It didn't sound like nothing." He pushed. Kate wasn't having it.

"Seriously Castle, I said it's nothing!" She raised her voice to him and stood and walked away and into the breakroom.

Castle was left in surprise at her sudden outburst. Yeah, he pushed her but normally she would roll her eyes and tell him or change the subject but she never went off on him the way she just did. He was caught off guard and didn't really know how to approach the situation.

Should he go in and talk to her and apologize or should he wait here and apologize when she got back? Should he apologize or would she want him to just forget the whole incident all together? He was about to stand and go check on her when she came walking back out smoothing her hands down her pants. He was going to apologize when she sat back down. He was looking for her eyes but she had her head down. When she sat in her chair and resumed her paperwork he decided to do it now since it would be easier than waiting when the emotions she had felt were settled and then bringing it up again.

"Beckett?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" Beckett answered, keeping her eyes trained on her paperwork.

"I-I just wanted to apologize for pushing you just now. I was wrong to want in on your personal life, it's none of my business, and I just wanted you to know." When he finished he looked for her eyes again hoping to find them. And when he did he smiled.

"Thank you for apologizing Castle, I may have overreacted a little bit as well, so I'm sorry too." She confessed.

"No, don't be sorry, I pushed you. You had every right to react the way you did. I didn't expect it, but-it's none of my business so I'm sorry."

"Let's just forget about it, ok?" She smiled at him, his insides flipping at her heavenly beauty.

"Let's." He replied hoping his smile made her feel the same way. He's been in love with her from the moment he met her about three years ago. He would do anything for her. They've been through some tough situations together and that's only made him fall for her more. But the only problem is that she's with Josh. He doesn't know what she sees in him, he's a doctor yeah, but he just seems to know how to get under Castle's skin and make him jealous. Honestly he would be jealous whether Josh egged him on or not, just Josh being able to call her by her first name without it being weird made him jealous. Sure he could call her Kate but that he felt was only reserved for serious moments.