19: Prime

Kate and Castle handling their first child together AKA lily

•••

We are in the prime of our existence
We are running blind with no resistance

Allie X - Prime

•••

"Castle what do I do!" Beckett scrambled as the baby girl cried in her arms.

"Uh-I don't know!" Castle asked in equal worry and exasperation.

"Castle you're a father! To a girl!" Kate laughed as she was gently rocking their crying daughter. It pained them to hear their baby so upset and yearning for something but not being able to voice the want.

"Every baby's different, honey, um-why don't-why don't we try the yoga ball! Like we did for Benny!" Castle jumped up, proud of his idea, for the success it had previously.

"Ok, that's good babe, go get it." Beckett smiled blowing a kiss his way, before cooing towards Lily, trying to calm her cries and lungs.

"You're holding her, so this time she can throw up on you!" Castle joked, hurrying towards the bedroom to go get the yoga ball.

"Just hurry." Beckett giggled, joyfully reminiscing on the past experience when Benny had thrown up on Castle's shirt, and she had convinced him that she was not laughing.

Castle and Beckett had recently become parents to Lily, a beautiful and healthy baby girl with the brownest eyes, mixed with hazel much like her mother. The two had wanted to try for a child and in a caught up anniversary passion a baby was conceived. Both of them were ecstatic and were eager beavers to start a family after so many years of them playing cat and mouse, they were finally ready to settle down. And that's what they were getting. Kate was nervous about becoming a mother with so many doubts in her mind about only ruining the life of their child rather than benefitting it. Obviously, and without a doubt, Castle was there by her side supporting her, and convincing her that she would be the best mother possible, because how could she not.

Of course there was the restrictions of work which Castle chuckled at—the idea of Kate not working. She had been working since she was sixteen and now she was going to need to take a break from working for some time now. The last time she had had a break from work was when the sniper shot her in her chest at Montgomery's funeral. But now she was tired and upset and wanting coffee—only to be denied by Castle—who said that he was only having both her and the baby's best interest at heart. And she reluctantly agreed. She would do anything to keep her baby safe. She would die for her child and she had no doubt in her mind that Castle would as well.

But soon enough the nine months passed and they beautiful baby girl was born, happy and healthy—well not so happy now, but you get the point. A minute or so later, Castle cane running back out with the grey yoga ball in hand and sat it on the ground, before watching as his lovely wife, plopped down with their fussing baby cradled in her arms. After you few small and even bounces, Lily cries and wails resorted to a whine, and from the whine to a quiet whimper.

"It's working! Just like a charm!" Castle beamed placing his hands on his hips like Superman, accepting his triumph and basking in the glory of it.

"Oh calm down Castle, what are you Captain America or something?" She quietly giggled, not wanting to disturb the now growing in happiness filled baby. Kate then turned Lily around and stopped cradling her against her shoulder and faced her towards Rick. When she saw him she giggled and squirmed at the sight of her father whom she'd admired so.

"I was actually thinking Superman, but you know, potato potato. Isn't that right Lily, you little potato! My little lily-pad!" Castle cooed at his little creation of him and Kate's.