(4) Enid

Gif from: Heads Up (S06E07)

You and your sister Enid were alone. It has been a few days since your parents died and it was the worst pain that you have ever felt in your whole life. Enid seemed to be taking it harder than you. She barely spoken to you since it happened. You couldn't blame her, she actually saw it happened while you were busy getting supplies from a nearby store. A part of you feels responsible for not not being there. For a while you thought Enid blamed you for their death, even though she never said it. 

Enid on the other hand, blamed herself for their death. She sat there and watched as they were getting eaten by a walker. She could have done something to prevent it from happening. She realized that couldn't deal with the pain anymore. The pain was too much for her to handle. So she shut herself out. She blocked her heart out from all  emotions. She never spoke to you, fearing that if you died, it would hurt just like it did with her parents.

You and Enid were walking in the woods for hours now, and decided to take a break from walking,. You sat by a tree to rest your legs and get some shade. Enid was leaning against a tree facing away from you. You looked at her and wondered what she was thinking. You were worried about Enid. You knew something was up and you wanted to know what it was. Enid stood up from her spot and grabbed her her knife that used to be mom's. You stood up and walked behind her.

"What are you doing?"

Enid didn't turn around to face you. She couldn't bare to see the look on your face for what she was about to do. 

"It's my fault they're dead Y/N. I didn't do anything, I just stood there and watched."

You looked at her in confusion until you saw the knife in her hand. And then the worry hit you.

"Enid , this isn't your fault. It's no one's fault. Neither one of us could have done anything. And doing this isn't going to solve anything. Just put the knife down. We can get through this"

Enid turned around with tears in her eyes. She hated the idea of leaving you behind, but at the same time, she knew that you were gonna die anyway. She didn't see the point of trying anymore.

"How?! Don't you get it?! The world is dying Y/N! And we're supposed to just let it"

"Would you stop? You really think mom and dad would want you to just give up? They would want us to keep fighting. We have to keep fighting. For them"

Enid look down. She knew that you were right. Mom and dad wouldn't have wanted her to give up. Enid slowly put the knife away and grabbed her backpack.

"It's getting dark. We need to find shelter"

And with that she started walking down the path. You quickly grabbed your stuff and ran to her side. You kept a close eye on Enid, making sure she doesn't do anything that will end up hurting her. You promised yourself that you were going to protect her at all costs.

Actor: Katelyn Nacon