(79) Hershel Greene

Gif from: Internment (S04E05)

You were the newest to the group. Glenn and Daryl found you in an abandoned house while on a run. They brought you back to the prison, and as soon you entered everyone's eyes were on you. You were always shy around others, whenever anyone looked at you, you would get very uncomfortable. You also didn't know if these people were good or bad, thought they seem like nice people. You had only been in the prison for a couple days. You hadn't really talk to anyone due to your shyness. You mostly spent your time sitting in a corner, reading a book that you would find in the library.

One day you were in your usual spot reading silently to yourself. Your reading was interrupted by an old man's voice

"The Lord of The Flies. That's one of my favorites"

You looked up from your book and you saw him approach you. You believed his name was Hershel. He took spot next you, and you felt a little uncomfortable.

"Look Y/N, I know you haven't been here long haven't been here long, and I've noticed you been really distant.  But I want you to know that you have nothing to be afraid of. You are now part of the family. And we really want to get to know you"

You looked back down at you book, refusing to make a sound. Hershel gave let out a small sigh, and suddenly an idea popped in his head.

"Let me ask you something. What is your favorite food?"

You looked up from you book and gave him a confused look.

"What?"

"Your favorite food. What was one thing you loved to eat when you were younger?"

You started at him for a moment.Why was he asking you this? It was a strange question to ask to a complete stranger.  You decided just to go along with it.

"Spaghetti"

You missed having spaghetti. spaghetti. It was your favorite thing to eat when you were a younger. You almost forgot what it even taste like cause it's been so long.

"Then it's settled. I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Would you like that Y/N?"

You gave a small smile and nodded you. You could never turned down spaghetti. Hershel smiles and gave you a pat on the head. 

"Why don't you come with me and meet my daughter Beth, she's been wanting to meet you"

You stood up from your spot and followed Hershel to where his daughter was located. Overtime you got to know everyone and you started to feel like part of the group. They soon became your family, and you couldn't be happier.

Actor: Scott Wilson