I Want You (She's So Heavy)

I walked to my next class, Benedict's words still in my mind. Did I do something wrong? Hopefully not.

I entered my 2nd period class, science. It was dark in the room, with only one row of ceiling lights on. I approached the teacher's desk.

As I got closer, I examined the lady. She had jet black hair and radiant green eyes. She had pale skin and dark red lips. She wore eyeliner that brought her eyes out even more. She looked up at me and smiled. She was really pretty.

"Hello, you must be Ize. I'm Ms. Lynn." She extended her hand and I shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Lynn." I returned her smile.

She stood up and led me to my new seat. It was in the back and secluded, just the way I liked it.

"Our plans for today is to watch a video on matter." she informed me before addressing the class.

The lights were turned off and the video began to play. I immediately dug my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it using the Swipe feature. I didn't really have a reason to set a lock on it.

It was set on contacts and Benedict was listed as a new contact. I almost gasped out loud. Benedict had put his number into my phone. I had Benedict's number. Wow. I couldn't fathom that I had this god's number.

The class period passed without incident and the bell rang to dismiss us to our 3rd period. I walked at an even pace, hating the fact that it was algebra.

Math is my worst subject by far. I was lucky enough to get a C in it. I arrived before the tardy bell rang. The students all gawked at me and I uncomfortably shifted.

The teacher and what I assumed was his assistant stopped talking and turned to me. The teacher had short graying hair. He had thin lips and a few wrinkles. He had a skinny nose, but the kind that you want to poke. His ears were wide. His eyes were dark colored. He was shortish as well.

His assistant was short dark brown hair and blue eyes. He had a kind of hooked nose, but not so much. He looked young, maybe college aged. He was cute, to be honest. He was a little bit taller than the teacher, but not that much.

The teacher pointed to an empty desk and cleared his throat, "This is your seat, uh, Ize. I'm Mr. Notfree and this is my assistant, Mr. Stephens."

I nodded towards him and sat in my seat.

The lesson began and every 5 minutes, Mr. Stephens would ask me if I needed any help. I shook my head each time.

I daydreamed about Benedict during algebra.

The bell rang and the rest of the day went by really fast. None of my other teachers are really worth mentioning.

I went down to Benedict's class after 7th period ended. I was nervous, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I set my hand on the doorknob, thinking whether if I should just barge in. I decided against it and knocked 3 times.

Benedict opened the door, his hair messy and his tie undone. He smiled at me and let me in, closing the door as I entered. There was a chair near his swivel chair.

He sat down at his chair and motioned for me to sit at the chair near his. We were sitting so close that if I moved just a little bit, our legs would touch.

He put his hands together and rested his chin on his fingertips, examining me.

"So, have you checked your phone?" he broke the silence.

"Uh, yes, Mr. Benedict. I'm surpised that-" I began.

He leaned forward and placed a finger on my lips, shushing me.

"I put my number there in case you ever need anything. I'm now just a text away. You may know that I don't often give my phone number to my students. Only the one that caught my eye."

I felt my face go red and I looked down, letting what little hair I had cover my face. I felt Benedict's hand gentley cup my chin and lift it up, making me look into his eyes. His touch sent shivers down my back.

I bit my lip and his eyes darted to my lips. His mouth slowly curved into a grin. I breathed in his scent. Was he going to kiss me?

Benedict leaned forward and softly set his lips on my forehead. My heart was beating wildly, nearly bursting out of my ribcage. I'm pretty sure he could hear it.

He leaned back and said in a low voice, "Promise me that you'll text me everyday and that you will not give my number to any other people."

I quickly nodded, "I promise, Benedict. I mean, Mr. Benedict."

"No, it's okay. Call me Benedict outside of school. I can tell we will be seeing more of each other, Ize."

He took my hand and whispered, "You attract me."

I walked home, my headphones in my ear and my things in one arm. Benedict was in my head. He filled my thoughts.

But why was he attracted to me? Out of all the pretty girls in the school, me.

I pondered this as I continued walking. Mr. Stephens came to mind. Is it normal for a teacher to check on his students every 5 minutes like that? I didn't know.

I arrived home and opened the front door with the house keys. The house smelled heavily of smoke. Great.

"James, I'm home!" I called out to my older brother.

"Yo, spray some Fabreeze, will ya?"James coughed, sprawled out on the couch.

I groaned and walked up the stairs to my room, "Do it yourself!"

I locked my door behind me and laid down on my bed. I took out my phone, tapping on Benedict's name. I pressed new message and sat there for a while, thinking of what to say to this god.

I finally settled on a messsage and quickly typed it, pressing send.

"I want you."