If I Fell

I anxiously waited for a reply from Benedict. What if it's too creepy for him?
My brother turned on the stereo and turned the volume all the way up, Avicii blasting out of the speakers. Oh great.
My text tone went off and I almost fell off of my bed, freaking out at the sudden tone. The screen turned on and Benedict's name flashed. I took a deep breath and checked it.

"You're driving me mad. Tell me your address. I will come get you. -BC"

"My address is 4083 Russell Avenue. Don't be late."

"I'm on my way. -BC"

I screamed internally as I hurriedly changed clothes. I didn't want to wear my school clothes again for Benedict.
I rummaged my drawer and pulled out a lacy black shirt. I pulled on black skinny jeans.
I rushed to the bathroom, brushing my teeth while spraying on perfume. I left my hair alone and I was ready.

My text tone sounded again.

"I'm here. -BC"

I rushed downstairs, James still on the couch.
"Hey... Where you goin'?" he lazily questioned over the music.
"Out. I'll be back before 12." I called out, putting my shoes on.
"Okay... Bring me back some chips." he mumbled loudly.
"Okay, James." I closed the door and saw Benedict's car parked on the driveway. His car was a black BMW with tinted windows. Perfect car for a perfect man.

I got into the passenger's seat and turned to Benedict, who was watching me intently. I nervously rummaged for the seatbelt and it took 3 attempts just to get it to click.
Benedict turned on the car and cleared his throat, "This is the first time I let anyone into this car."
I opened my mouth and closed it. How did I become so special? I'm not really that special, am I? He pulled out of my driveway and headed down the road.
"Where are we going?" I asked, biting my lip.
"To my home. It's quite boring watching Netflix and having no one to watch it with." he said, keeping his eyes trained on the road..

Benedict set his arm on the arm rest, driving with the other. He moved his hand over without looking and took my hand into his.
Our fingers were intertwined, and my heart was pounding so hard that I'd thought I'd have a heart attack right on the spot.
I glanced over at Benedict and the corner of his lips were curled upwards.
I loved that smile. It was just amazing. It may be just a smile, but not to me. To me, it meant the world.
His hand was soft, but rough at the same time. His index and middle fingers drummed against my hand, while he hummed a song.

"Benedict, I didn't know you listened to The Beatles." I commented.
"Well, I listen to a lot of classic rock. You'd be surprised." he replied, continuing to hum.
"If I fell in love with you, would you to be true, and help me understand? Cause I've been in love before, and I found that love was more than just holding hands." I sang to his humming. I knew the song by heart.

Benedict and I sang until we reached his house. It was beautiful, white two story house with a garage. The garage door opened and Benedict parked inside, turning the car off.
I unbuckled myself and I opened the car door when Benedict leaned over across me and closed it. His face was just inches from mine. He licked his lips and stared into my eyes.
He put a hand on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb.
I couldn't take the tension anymore, so I bit my lip and whispered, "Kiss me."
Benedict softly laughed, "With pleasure."

He leaned closer and I closed my eyes. Benedict's lips touched mine lightly, as if they were delicate. His lips were so soft, faintly tasting of tea. I ran my fingers through his hair, pulling him closer to me. I wanted more. We continued on like this until I pulled back, gasping for air.
Benedict sighed, still leaning on me.
"You are beautiful, Ize." he whispered. He planted a kiss on my cheek.
"Wait here. I'm not letting you walk." he said as he exited the car. He walked around, opened my door, and scooped me into his arms.

He carried me bridal-style into his house, kicking the door shut behind him. His house smelled like tea and mint gum. Amazing.
He carried me all the way to his living room, slowly setting me on the couch. He had a flat screen TV with his laptop hooked up to it.
He turned on his TV and laptop. Netflix was immediately up and running.

"So, what movie do you want to watch?" he called over his shoulder while browsing.
"Uh... Pirates of the Caribbean." I responded cheerfully.

He selected it and put it to full screen, rushing to my side and plopping down right next to me. He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to him. I rested my head his shoulder.

My phone rang, 'Stayin Alive' by The Bee Gees playing. I hurridly dug into my pocket and answered, "What is it, James?"
"What time did you say you were getting home?" he asked, DJ Tiesto playing in the background.
"12, why?"
"Don't come over. I'm having a little reunion and I don't want my little sister around a bunch of stoned guys." James explained.
"Where am I going to stay?"
"I don't know. Just don't come home. Bye." and with that, he hung up.

"Who was that?" Benedict asked me.
"My older brother and my guardian, James. He's having a party with his friends, so I have nowhere to stay for the night." I mumbled.
Benedict shifted, "Well, you can stay here for the night. I have a spare room."
I turned my head up to him, "Thank you, Benedict."
He kissed me, "My pleasure, love."

"Ize, I'm here if you ever need me. I always will be here for you." Benedict said during the part of the movie where Elizabeth and Jack were on the island.
"Benedict... I think I'm in love with you." I said in a low voice.
"Ize, I love you."