Island In The Sun (Various POVs)

Benedict's POV

      I approached Quinn and Michelle until I was standing around 6 or 7 feet away from them. Michelle hid behind Quinn, peeking around his leg.
    We stared at each other with intense rage and hatred. The silence was deafening.
    "Quinn." I broke the silence. My voice was firm and strong. Michelle flinched. No, don't be scared.
    "Benedict." Quinn's voice was equal to mine. Damn it, Quinn!
    "It's been a long time. 4 years to be exact." I clenched my fists. I wanted to hurt him so bad. But Michelle was here.
      "You're right. 4 years." He looked down at Michelle, who was fidgeting with her gloves, staring at me.
    "Papa, who is this man? I'm scared." she asked him. Her eyes were exactly like mine. They were emotionless. It hurt me to see them like that. I am her father. Why is she calling him papa!? My anger was beginning to seep through.
    "He... is an old enemy. Don't be scared, Michelle. Papa is here to protect you." he crouched down and kissed her on the cheek. Bastard. That's my child!
    "Papa? He's not your papa." I chimed.
    Michelle looked over at me, eyes wide, "Papa? What's he saying? Papa!"
    Quinn looked up at me in rage. I smirked. Try to wiggle out of this one, bastard.
    "Michelle, he's lying. He's a bad man." Quinn hugged her.
     "No. Michelle, he is lying to you. He's been lying to you your entire life. Haven't you ever wondered where your mother was?" I took a step forward.
   Michelle sniffed, "Papa told me that mama died a long time ago, mister."
   I shook my head, pulling out my phone from my pocket, "No, Michelle. Your mother is alive. She misses you very much. Do you want to see her?"
   "No! Michelle! Don't listen to this bad man!" Quinn was beginning to cry. Pathetic.
    Michelle looked at me then back at Quinn, "Papa, I want to see if he's lying."
    Quinn cried as he let her go. Weak.

   Michelle was standing in front of me as I was crouched down in front of her, looking at me with intense curiosity.
    "So mister, show me that my papa is lying." she was smart for her age. I unlocked my phone to gallery and tapped on a picture of Ize smiling on our wedding day. It was the only photo I had of her smiling. I handed the phone to Michelle. She let out a tiny gasp as she studied the woman in the photo.
   "This is my... mama..." she said with a voice full of wonder. She handed me back my phone and turned to Quinn, who was now standing and crying.
    "Papa! You lied to me? You told me that mama was dead. Papa, why?" she began to cry as well. Tears were rolling down my face. Should I call Ize?
    Quinn looked at Michelle, "Because I love you, Michelle. When you were born, I was so happy. I felt as if you were my daughter, not theirs. I took you from your real mama and papa when you were only a few days old. That man right there is your real papa."
   Michelle screamed at Quinn, "I hate you!  You're not my real papa! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you! I wish you were dead!"
    Quinn didn't move after Michelle screamed at him. His face was blank. He turned around, going inside the log cabin. But before he closed the door, he took one last look at Michelle and then said, "Papa loves you..."

   Ize's POV

   I woke up to my ring tone going off. I groaned, mumbling angrily to myself, "Stupid... waking me up... tired... ugh."
    I blinked, trying to see who was calling me. Of course. The husband.
   I answered tiredly, "Hello?"
   A sweet, angelic voice answered back, "Mama?"
   My stomach twisted. Oh my god...," Michelle Julia?"
   "Hi mama. It's nice to meet you."
    I began to cry, my hand covering my mouth, "Oh my god, Michelle. It's nice to meet you too."  I was at a loss for words. Jesus.
   "Mama, how old are you?"
   "I'm 20, sweetie. I was really young when I had you." I laughed.
   "Mama, is your hair long or short?"
    "Long. It used to be short, but those days are behind me." I played with my toes, sniffing.
   "Mama, did you miss me?" she asked me. Oh my god...
   "Yes, Michelle. I missed you so much. I missed you more than anything."
   "Daddy says we're gonna be there in a day. He says he loves you very much. He says that we don't have to worry about my papa."  her voice faltered at the word 'papa'. Quinn?
    "Who is papa?" I asked her. I had to be sure.
    "Papa is Quinn Wemberly. He stayed home." she replied. Wemberly? I didn't even know Quinn's last name to be honest.
   "Is he... okay?"
   "I don't know. He was crying when we left. Mama, do you think I could visit papa whenever I want?" Oh god.
    I cringed, "Well... I'll have to talk to daddy first."
   "Okay mama. I have to go now. I'll see you soon, mama."
   "Bye, Michelle."
   I am finally going to see my child after years... Oh my god! A heavy weight suddenly lifted from my chest. She's coming back to me. My family is finally back together.

   Quinn's POV

   My daughter hated me... I had a loaded revolver in my hand that I kept tapping on my forehead. I only used this gun once when a robber broke into our cabin when Michelle was 2...
    It's not fair. My daughter doesn't love her papa anymore. I gripped the revolver harder, tears running down my face. How did he even find me? Goddamn it! We should've stayed inside. We should've watched the TV or something. Fuck. I stood up. I wasn't going to let my daughter get away that easily. I will bring her back. I am her papa. Not Benedict. I raised her on my own with my money, time, and effort. Not them...
   I picked up the telephone next to my bed and dialed my work, "Hey Rory? Yeah, uh... Do you think Amy could cover my shift for a week or so? I have to go. A family emergency popped up. Yes, sir. I understand. Thank you very much." Well, there goes my paycheck for this week...
    I checked to see how many bullets I had in the chamber. All 6 were filled. I grabbed my keys and coat, and then headed towards the door.
   Papa's coming for you, Michelle. Papa will always love you. No matter the cost.