If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn

I was going to spend the night at Benedict's house. I mean, I had no problem with it. It's just that we're not official. How am I going to spend the night at his house when we're not really together? I pondered this as the movie was nearing its end.
Benedict could sense that something was wrong. He planted a kiss on my cheek and asked, "Is something the matter?"
"Benedict, what are we?" I answered him.
"Well... I'm not really sure. What do you want us to be?"
I shrugged, "I don't know."
Benedict softly laughed, "Ize, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"
I let out an deflating noise and I tried not to die right there on his couch.
"I'll take that as a yes." Benedict smiled.

He turned off the laptop and TV, scooping me back up into his arms.
"I have you for an entire night all to myself." he said mischievously as he carried me to a room.
"Wait, what?"
"If you want to, I can show you what my dreams are made of."
"Are you quoting Sleeping With Sirens?" I giggled.
"Well, yes. I occasionally listen to them. Not always." he kissed my forehead.

He carried me to the guest bedroom and gently set me down on the bed. It was a queen sized bed with the softest covers known to mankind. He tucked me in with great care, as if I was a fragile teacup or something.
After he tucked me in, he crawled in next to me. I turned to face him.
"I've only been in someone elses bed once. It was my mom's and it was after..." I paused.
Benedict took my hand and put it up to his lips, "You can tell me anything, Ize."

I took a deep breath, "Well, when I was small, we used to live here in Cali. My dad had passed away and so my mom decided to move us to Arkansas. She had a sister there and heard that it was cheaper to live there. So, we moved. I was about 8 by then. James was 14, so he had friends that he left behind. Mom got a decent job at a factory and we lived decently in a 2 bedroom apartment. When James turned 15, he got a job and so we moved into a house. We were fine until last year. It was a month after my 15th birthday. The house caught on fire and burned down. James was somewhere getting stoned and I was at home with Mom. I called out to her and she came to me, coughing. She had asthma. I knew that she wouldn't make it out in time so I stayed with her. I passed out in my mom's arms."
I was crying at this point. I hated remembering that. I breathed, "Mom died from the smoke. The only thing that didn't burn was her bed. It was unscathed. After her funeral, I laid there and cried. I missed Mom. I still miss her. Since James was my closest relative and he was a working, financially stable adult, he gained custody of me. A few months later, James announced that he had found a house in the same neighborhood that we lived in when we lived in Cali. We were moving back to Cali. We took Mom's bed with us and we placed it in a room all by itself, as to respect her memory. So, here we are."

After a few moments of silence, Benedict kissed me.
"You have been through so much, and yet, you still smile and laugh."
"I don't see a reason to be depressed. Mom wouldn't like it. She'd want me to be happy." I said.
Benedict wiped my tears away and kissed my cheek.

"I don't like seeing you cry, Ize." he softly said. I smiled, reassuring him that I'd never cry again.

"Good night, Ize. I'll see you in the morning." Benedict wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to his body.
"Good night, Benedict."
And with that, I went to sleep in Benedict's arms.

The next morning, I woke up. Benedict was still asleep, snoring lightly. His hair was messy. He looked sexy laying there. I fought the urge to do him right there and I got out of bed. I had to get home. I grabbed my phone and tucked it into my back pocket. I went to Benedict's side of the bed and kissed his forehead, "See you at school, Benedict."
I exited the room quietly and silently left his house. It was 6 in the morning. The air was cool, but not too cold. I began the walk back to my house.

I arrived home and checked if the door was locked. It wasn't. Irresponsible James at his finest. I walked in and saw James and 3 of his stoner buddies passed out on the floor. Oh great. The stereo was still on, and Calvin Harris was playing. I turned it off and went upstairs to my room.
I plugged my phone in the charger and I set my alarm. I was tired. I threw myself onto my bed, let out a groan and went back to sleep.

My alarm blared at me to wake up again. I got 30 minutes of precious sleep. I turned off my alarm and changed clothes, throwing on a My Chemical Romance shirt and dark blue jeans. My text tone went off. Benedict.
I checked it.

"You could've woken me up instead of sneaking off like that. Nearly gave me a heart attack. -BC."

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. You just looked so peaceful."

"Alright then. See you at school, love. -BC."

I went downstairs to get something to eat. James was sitting on the couch, watching TV. He looked up at me, "Hey sis. When did you get here?"
"6:15." I replied, turning the corner to get to the kitchen.
"Did you get me chips?"
"No. You told me not to come home, remember? So, I didn't bring your chips." I said, rummaging for milk. I wanted cereal.
"Oh.., Well, sorry. Who did you spend the night with?"
"This chick from one of my classes. We had fun." I tried not to laugh as I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet, pouring cereal and milk into it.
"Okay. As long as you weren't with some guy."

I ate my cereal, waiting until it was time to see my Benedict again.