True Love Ways

I stared at the ring, my mouth agape. He was actually proposing. Benedict was pouting, trying his best to do a puppy face. I smiled at him, nodding my head. I couldn't speak. The words were stuck in my throat. All I could do was nod.

Benedict took my left hand into his, slowly moving the ring into place. My heart fluttered. He got off his knee and leaned down, kissing me. I giggled like a little school girl. I was kissing my fiance. Holy shit, I'm kissing my fiance. I kept giggling during the kiss and Benedict started to laugh.

"I'm kissing my fiance." I giggled when we parted.

"I love you, Ize." Benedict softly said, sitting down on the bed. He pulled me down next to him, putting his arm around me.

"I love you, too, Benedict." I smiled as I sat down.

"Are you ready for the story?" he softly asked me.

I nodded slowly. He inhaled and then he began to tell his story.

"I was 18 when I met her. She was tall, long beautiful blonde hair, and she was skinny. Too skinny. I fell in love with her. She became my best friend. She rarely ate. I'd sit with her at breakfast and lunch, but she never touched her food. I began to question this. I asked her why she never ate. She always shrugged and changed the subject. At our senior prom, I confessed my love for her. She just stared at me and said, 'I'm sorry.' And left me there. I found out she died in a car accident after prom. It broke me and I didn't love anyone... until I met you."

I didn't know what to say. So, I leaned over and kissed Benedict on the lips. And I said, "And you know how much I love you. And I always will love you."

Benedict grinned, "I love you so much."

I nodded, "I know."

Benedict and I went back downstairs, and we found Quinn curled up on the couch with Michelle, both of them fast asleep. I ran my hand through my hair and turned to Benedict, "What do we do now?"

Benedict smiled mischieviously, "We can go back upstairs..."

I lightly pushed Benedict, "Oh my god, I'm not gonna have sex. I still have stitches in my vajayjay."

Benedict shushed me, "Come on, they're sleeping. We should go back."

I sighed and went back upstairs with Benedict. I went to the radio and played with the dial until I found an Indie station. "We Exist" by Arcade Fire was playing.

I laid back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Benedict laid with me and I said, "I should write lyrics on the ceiling."

"That's actually a pretty good idea, but you're too short to reach the ceiling." he laughed.

I turned my head and said, "But I have you. So I wouldn't be so short if you carried me on your back or shoulders."

Benedict kissed me and said, "Okay. One day, we'll cover the ceiling with inspirational lyrics."

"Deal?" I smiled.

"Deal."