A Love Like War

I turned to Benedict, his eyes were wide in fear. Everything seemed in slow motion. I ran after the person, afraid that they would turn us into the authorities.
I spotted them rushing towards an empty classroom, so I followed. My head was aching and my stomach was churning.
I opened the door and shut it behind me, facing the person. I gasped when I realized who it was. Mr. Stephens. His blue eyes were darker than usual and he sat on a desk, red faced.
"Mr. Stephens, I can explain. Please don't turn Benedict into the authorities." I begged, on the brink of tears.
Mr. Stephens got off the desk and approached me, arms crossed.
He cleared his throat, "Call me Jack. Well, I won't tell anyone, if you give me a kiss. If you can kiss a person 21 years older than you, then you certainly can kiss someone 8 years older than you."
I stared at him, "But... I can't..."
"Can't what? Cheat on Benedict? This'll be our dirty little secret." he stepped closer.
I backed up until I was up against the wall. No one could save me. Benedict had a class to teach and I was late to 2nd period already. I tried to find a way out, but couldn't.

Jack had me pinned up against the wall. I was scared half to death. No, I don't want this. Benedict. Oh, Benedict.
"Just one kiss, Ize. That's all I'm asking." He leaned closer to me. His breath smelled of spearment gum with a hint of alcohol.
"You drink?" I asked him.
"How did you know?"
"Your breath..." I swallowed.
Jack laughed, "Don't worry about that, just kiss me."

I squirmed to get away from him, but he pinned my arms against the wall above my head. I pressed my lips together, tears escaping from my eyes. No. Benedict. Oh my god.
"Don't cry, Ize. You'll find that I kiss better than Benedict." Jack leaned in closer.
"Sto--" I stupidly opened my mouth to tell him to stop when he slammed his lips onto mine. His lips were rough and chapped. He stuck his tongue into my mouth and I tried to move. I couldn't move. I was pinned. I was trapped. I couldn't breathe. I was running out of air. Benedict.
I heard the door open, slam, and Jack was roughly pushed off of me. I drew in a breath, shuddering and crying.

I felt arms wrap around me and hold me close. Benedict. I sniffled and looked up at him. He was looking at Jack with such a disgusted expression that it almost made me flinch.
Jack looked up at us, clutching his nose, wincing. He coughed, "Remember, Benedict! I know your dirty little secret! I'll get Ize. I will get her."
Benedict responded without missing a beat, "Don't talk out loud, you'll lower the IQ of the whole street."
Jack opened his mouth as if to say something, then closed it, glaring at Benedict and I. I looked away, setting my head on Benedict's chest. I wanted to go home. I wanted to run away.
Benedict leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Call your brother and tell him to come get you. I will leave a little while later. I'm sorry this had to happen, Ize."

I went to a secluded corner of the room and called my brother.
"Hey." James answered. He was sober. Finally.
"James, come get me."
"Why?"
"I'm sick. I threw up. Just tell the office people that you're getting me for a doctor's appointment. Don't say I called you." I instructed him.
"Okay, sis. I'll get you." He hung up.

Jack was still on the ground, his nose bleeding. He looked so pitiful. He deserved it. Benedict stood over him, scowling. I waited for James to get here and for the office to make an announcement. It was the longest wait ever.
Eventually, the office called me to check out. I looked at Benedict. He gently smiled at me and waved at me to go. I smiled back and left.

The car ride back to my house was silent. James was gripped the steering wheel, shaking. I could tell why. Car rides reminded him of Mom.
We arrived and I jumped out of the car. I opened the door since James never locked it and I went upstairs.
I slid against the door and silently cried, my body shaking. Why was this happening to me? I got kissed by Jack! Benedict. Oh Benedict. How did you feel when you saw that? Rage? Hurt? If only we had closed the door before Benedict kissed me. If only.

My text tone went off. I exhaled and wiped my tears. I picked my phone up and checked it.

"Are you okay? -BC"

"Yea, I'm fine. Are you?"

"I'm okay. Can I come over to your house? -BC"

"James is here. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, Ize. I love you. -BC"

"I love you as well."

I crawled into bed and connected my phone to its charger. I opened the music app, The Doors playing. I slipped into sleep, dreaming about my Benedict.