All My Loving

3 months later...

I woke up with nausea and a slight headache. It's been a morning regular for a month now. I climbed out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair had grown longer since I left. It was past my shoulder blades and curved upwards. I looked the same as I did when we departed from California.
Suddenly, the urge to throw up came and I threw myself to the floor, quickly lifting the toilet seat, and I released last night's enchilada dinner. Tears ran down my face as I gasped for air. This was not normal. A month of this was not normal. To top it all off, I haven't had my period in a while. I mean, maybe my uterus wanted a break or something. Just then, there was a knock at the door.

"Hey, Ize. I'm gonna take you to the doctor's today. I don't care whether you want to or not. Hurry up and shower so we can go." It was James.
Its been 2 months since he had last done any sort of drug or alcohol. A week ago, he accomplished the deed of obtaining a boyfriend. I was proud of my big brother. Every time I saw him and Michael, my heart would sink. It reminded me of Benedict and I.

I flushed the toilet and stripped off my clothes. I turned on the shower to hot and climbed in. Then, I did what normal people do in the shower.
I finished and climber out, drying my hair and body. I scanned my stomach. I had a little bit of a tummy fat. I mean, I've always had it, but this was different in some way...
I grabbed clothes from my closet and put them on. I went back into the bathroom and did the normal morning routine of getting ready.

I checked the time on my phone. 7:45. Benedict would wake up in 15 minutes. That's the joke. We're now 1 hour apart. I'm an hour ahead of Benedict. So I rarely had time to text him in the mornings. It was a Friday morning. I skipped school most of the time now. I didn't have a reason to go. Yea, there's education and such, but I just don't want to go.
I walked into the living room and heard my aunt calling the school to inform them that I would be at the doctor's today. Auntie Mia was a pretty lady with curly dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was strict at times, but sometimes, she was laid back and fun. She smiled at me as she hung up. I smiled back and left the house.

I climbed into the car with James and we headed to the doctor. I hated going to my doctor. The wait was an hour long and it sucked.
We arrived at the doctors and went inside the clinic. James signed in for me while I went to find a seat. We waited some more until they called me in. I told James that I could go in myself and he stayed.
They did the usual height and weight check. (I gained 10 pounds.) We entered the room and the nurse checked my temperature and blood pressure and the usual stuff. Then, she left and I waited for my doctor to get here.

My doctor was a blonde lady in her 40s, I estimate. She was British as well, so she reminded me of Benedict.
"Right then, let's get to the point. What are you here for today?" she sat at her computer and typed stuff in.
"Well, I've been vomiting in the mornings this past month, along with some headaches. Also, I haven't had my period in a while. I don't want it to be anything serious." I played with my hands.
She looked up at me, "Have you been sexually active recently?" Oh.
"Well, it was 3 months ago." I replied.

She got up and got a container, handing it to me, "Here. I need a urine sample. Bathroom is across the hall."
I nodded and went to the bathroom. I don't think I need to explain the details here.

I handed her the half full container and she told me to wait in the room again. So I did. I waited another hour to the test results. A million thoughts went through my head. No period. Morning sickness. Oh my god. Am I...? No. I'm not. I'm probably really sick with something. I'm not... I can't be.
When she came back, she had a look on her face that made my blood run cold. She grabbed my hands and stared into my eyes, "Darling, the test results are back. You're 3 months pregnant."
At the moment, my heart stopped. I'm 16 and pregnant. I am not like those stupid girls on that show. Tears ran down my face and I cried on my doctor's shoulder. I'm pregnant with Benedict's child. Oh my god.

After I finished crying, my doctor asked, "Do you have people to take care of you?"
I nodded, "Yes. My brother and my aunt. My boyfriend is in another state."
"Okay, Ize. Do you have any questions?"
"Not at the moment. I'll call if I do." and with that, I hugged my doctor and left.

I didn't talk to James or my auntie as we entered the house. I went straight to my room and locked the door. I am pregnant. There's another human being inside me. I am going to be a mother. Benedict is going to be a father.
I grabbed my phone and tapped on Benedict's name.

"I went to the doctor's today." I texted him.

"And? Are you okay, love? -BC"

"Benedict, I love you very much. And I have something to tell you. I'm 3 months pregnant. You're going to be a father, Benedict."