Needle In The Hay

My phone immediately rang after I sent that text. I let the song (Miss Misery by Elliott Smith) play for 5 seconds, then I answered.

"Love, have you told your brother or aunt?" Benedict's concerned voice sounded.

"No... Benedict, what do I do?" I whimpered.

"Oh, Ize. You're only 16. I'm so sorry that I did this to you. It's a gigantic responsibility that I've put upon you. I mean, I've always wanted to be a father, but you're so young." I heard his voice break after that last part.

"I know I'm young. It's our child, Benedict. I have my family to help me."

"I love you... Ize, I'm going to Arkansas for a month. I'm taking a vacation from my job. Maybe then, we can discuss things with your aunt and your brother." I could hear Benedict smile.

"Are you serious?" I tried to contain my excitement.

"Yes, love. I'm serious. I'll be there in 2 days time."

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ize. I'll call you later." and with that, we hung up.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around my stomach. For the first time in a while, I was filled with happiness. I was going to see Benedict again. After so long of being apart, we were going to be together again, even if it's for a month.

I decided to text my only friend in this washed up place, Quinn. He was a tall, light brown haired that was shoulder-length and shaggy, 16 year old guy with hazel eyes. Quinn was eye candy for other girls, but Benedict was my only eye candy.

"Quinn, I just got back from the doctor!" I texted. Quinn often skipped classes, taking me with him to our place under the bridge.

"And? You okay? -QuinnMonster"

"Quinn, you'll always be my best friend, right?"

"Forever? Nah, 5ever because its more than forever. lol. but yea, I will. -QuinnMonster"

"I'm pregnant."

I set my phone aside, waiting for a reply. I hope Quinn doesn't leave. He's been the only one that would actually take the time to befriend me at this place. I silently counted the seconds. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6...
Seconds eventually turned into minutes. Then, he replied.

"I know you wouldn't joke about anything serious as this. Oh, Ize. Does Benedict know? And I better be the godfather. -QuinnMonster."

"Yea, Benedict knows. He's coming down for a month. And yes, you will be the godfather."

"Good. Can I come over? The bridge isn't the same without you. -QuinnMonster"

"Yea sure. Come in through the window."

"Aight. see yuh later, Ize! -QuinnMonster"

A few minutes later, Quinn was tapping on my window. I unlocked it and he lifted it, climbing in. He flipped his hair and smiled at me. Then he pulled me into a hug.

"Ize. I'm so happy for you!" He said, getting on his knees and patting my stomach. I giggled.

"Thanks, Quinn. I'm so bored though. James just left to go get Michael." I said. Quinn got up and walked to my bed, throwing himself on it.

"What about Mia?" Quinn made himself comfortable on my bed, laying down on his stomach. I slid in next to him.

"Uh.. In the kitchen, I guess. I don't know." I said.