Chapter 1

"Girl! Why is this sword so short?!"

Nya sighed heavily and made her way to the front counter, smiling. "Is there a problem, sir?" She asked the customer.

"A major problem!" The customer sneered. "This sword is far too short for my collection. Fix it immediately!"

"Sir, you requested the sword to be 21 inches in length. It says right here on your order form." Nya pointed to a sheet of paper on the counter. She pulled out a measuring tape. "And, if I measure this sword right now, it turns out to be... 21.5 inches in length."

The customer narrowed his eyes. "Don't get smart on me, little miss. I come all this way to have my sword crafted by a artisan blacksmith, only to have an incompetent little girl ruin it and dare to challenge me!"

Nya stood up straight and brushed her sleeves up, letting them rest on her biceps. She clenched her hammer in one hand, glaring at the customer with a wicked smile. "You'd be surprised, sir. This incompetent little girl can craft a sword out of anything, even out of a person's hammered in skull." She tapped the hammer in her palm. "Now, are you satisfied with your purchase?"

The customer gulped and slapped down the payment, sprinting off with the sword. Nya sighed and rubbed at her temples. Soon her attitude towards customers would get her in trouble, but after seven years of dealing with circumstances like this, anyone would be slowly losing it.

"Such empty threats for a person full of possibility." An old man emerged from the side of the building.

Nya nearly knocked over a shelf of helmets from jumping in surprise. "S-Sir, you scared me.." She cleared her throat. "Welcome to Four Weapons... And obviously that was an empty threat. I wouldn't go around bashing people's heads in."

"Obviously." The old man wandered around the shop.

"Is there something you're looking for?" She walked towards him. "I can craft anything if you're looking for something unique. It costs extra though."

"As a matter of fact, I am." He looked at her. "I am looking for a ninja."