Chapter 28

Nya tugged off her gloves and sat back, admiring her work. Her mech was complete, something that could finally compare to the others' vehicles. The only difference was that she had made it with her own hands.

Trying on her samurai armor and helmet, she ran a series of tests on her weapons and scanners. Everything was fully functional; the only issue was how she was going to find the time to be a samurai while also fighting alongside the others.

Taking off her armor one piece at a time, Nya sighed and considered her options. She could always go out at night and secretly fight, or whenever the ninja weren't on patrol. When am I ever going to get to rest, though? Nya sighed. This would have been a lot easier if I wasn't a ninja to begin with.

There was also the fact that Nya had found a new sense of belonging with the ninja. When she first met the Samurai, she had joined on a whim, not considering... anything. Now she was finally beginning to feel happy being a ninja, even if she couldn't wield a magical weapon. They loved and cared for her, and that was enough for Nya.

Perhaps Nya could bring her mech and armor to the team, but she knew Sensei wouldn't let her. He'd want her to focus on elemental training, not building. Besides, the Samurai wouldn't want to run the risk of being exposed.

I'm stuck. Nya huffed and ran her fingers through her hair. I'm going to let someone down either way.

The communicator buzzed, causing her to jump. Talk about perfect timing. She answered the call, a bead of sweat rolling down from her forehead. Why was she so nervous?

"Nya." The Samurai's voice sounded low and tired. "Progress."

"I'm..." Nya shook her head, a little shocked at her master's tone. "I'm finished with the mech and my armor. I ran some tests and it's pretty much ready to go."

"Excellent." They spoke, although their voice was anything but upbeat.

"Is... is everything alright?"

"Perfect." The Samurai muttered. "You aren't planning on abandoning our project, correct?"

"Aban... Abandoning?" Nya swallowed, her stomach sinking. "Why would I do that? I'm loyal to you!" She hadn't meant to sound so desperate, but loyalty was the only thing that came to mind. They both had secrets, and Nya knew it was in her best interest to keep them.

"I know." The Samurai cleared their throat. "Ah, never mind. Forget I said anything."

"Oh... okay..." Nya clutched onto the phone, panicked. "I should be... heading back to the headquarters. Jay- I mean, the ninja, are expecting me."

"Jay." The Samurai spoke his name quickly, a certain growl to their tone. "Right. You should be getting back to the ninja."

Click.

Nya dropped the phone, a wave of fear coming over her. What had she gotten herself into?
-
Lloyd sat inside the Anacondrai tomb, picking at a piece of candy. Although he had gotten used to the smell of death within the tomb, he had still lost his appetite.

"What's wrong, my little master?" Pythor frowned, slithering towards him. "Don't tell me our last candy raid wasn't satisfactory."

"No, it was." Lloyd mumbled. "I just can't stop thinking about Kai and those stupid ninja." He tightened his grip on the map. "But most of all, I can't stop thinking about the bullies at my old school. I would give anything to show them how powerful and evil I am now."

Pythor's scaled lips curled into a smirk. "Well then, why don't we?"

"Huh?"

"Let's pay a visit to your school, show those fools who's the most powerful mastermind of all time!"