Chapter 7

Nya had completed the training course that night.

Sensei, although concerned for her interactions with Jay, was incredibly proud of her rapid improvement. "I am most pleased, my student. You are learning quickly."

Nya nodded silently, catching her breath and wiping blood from her mouth. Her eyes were focused on the training course, unable to look at Sensei, or anywhere else. "I don't think I did very well, Sensei. I felt completely off."

Wu took her hand. "You are fine. Incredible, even, for your first days of training." He stroked his beard gently. "Of course, there is always room for improvement. Brush up on your stance and focus more on attacks. Your defense is near perfect."

Nya was barely listening. She kept licking her blood-stained lips, reminded of the kiss Jay had stolen from her earlier. It was poison. A vile, horrible poison that seeped into her skin and made her sick. She hated it. She should hate it...

... And if she should hate it, then why was she craving for something more?
-
The next morning, Sensei woke Nya. "I believe you are ready to travel with me and help find the golden weapons." He patted her arm gently as she sat up in bed and began to pack. "We must bring the lightning master. He is the key to us finding the exact whereabouts of the nunchucks of lighting."

"The what...?" Nya shook her head, still half-asleep. "He's... coming with us?"

"He will be in restraints." Sensei elaborated. "I will keep a watchful eye on him so that he cannot harm you in any way. All he will be able to do is talk."

"Which is also an issue on its own." Nya mumbled to herself, finishing packing her bag. "We better get a move on then, if we want to get to those weapons first."

Wu nodded. "Of course." He gestured to the door. "Wait at the bottom of the mountain. I will meet you down there with Jay shortly."

Nya complied, although she was confused as to how Sensei would be able to drag Jay all the way down the stairs. Then again, Sensei Wu was an incredibly mysterious man. He must have some tricks up his sleeve.

As she finally reached the bottom, she suddenly felt a great gust of wind from above. Glancing up quickly, she stumbled back in shock, unable to believe what she was seeing. "D-Dragon..." She mumbled, watching the creature with wide eyes.

Riding atop the gold and white dragon was Sensei and a very disgruntled Jay in handcuffs of some sort. Sensei waved a little hello before hopping down, the dragon disappearing in a golden cloud of smoke as he fell through. Jay screamed as he fell onto the ground, although it seemed as if he had been screaming earlier.

Nya couldn't help but giggle at the sight of him as he struggled to get up, tripping over his cloak. She quickly hid her face once Sensei began to walk towards her.

"How did you do that?" She asked excitedly, suddenly wondering where the dragon went. "That was amazing!"

Sensei chuckled. "A skill you will learn in time. All elemental masters have this ability."

Nya noticed Jay perk up before quickly shaking his head and turning away. "All... masters?" She asked. "You really think I can become a master of water, Sensei?"

"Of course, my pupil." Wu smiled and turned to look at Jay. "We must be going now, if we are to rise above the enemy and find the weapons first." He formed the dragon again and hopped on, motioning for Nya to do the same as the dragon crouched lower for her.

"How's Jay gonna get on?" Nya asked, glancing at their prisoner attempting to gnaw off his restraints.

"He has his ways." Sensei chuckled, looking towards the dragon. In one rapid motion, the dragon swept a screaming Jay into the air and plopped him onto his back.

"I-I hope you're having f-fun..." Jay hissed, shaking and gripping onto the dragon for dear life.

Sensei only laughed and ordered the dragon to fly. "Easy now, young one. We have a long ride ahead of us, and it will only take longer if you don't cooperate."

"Great." Jay groaned, resting against the dragon. "I'm a dirty traitor."