Koh Lanta

I'm not planning on this being a particularly long story, but after travelling for a few months, I thought this may be a nice fic. All replies loved as always. Love Kendal rose xx

She lay comfortably in the hammock, her legs crossed, her eyes covered by dark glasses. She sighed, she hadn't felt this contented in a really long time. Leaning forward carefully she applied a thin layer of suncream across her tanned skin, before she picked up her book. She checked the time, it was just past midday, yet she found she wasn't hungry just yet. This place was paradise, and she found that four days into her visit, she wasn't anywhere near ready to leave.

She watched as a game of volleyball started on the beach, one of the waiters jogged over and held out his hand, "come on Doc... We could do with your help."

She got up, tightening her bikini and throwing a short, loose summer dress over the top.

She laughed as the man beside her scooped her up as they won. He laughed, before placing her down and holding out his hand,

"Jacob," he smiled, "Its the first time I've seen you here,"

"I'm Connie," she replied, her eyes meeting his as she felt short next to his tall frame,

"So Connie... Is there a husband that's about to come and yell at me for lifting up his wife... Sorry about that by the way, mans got to love winning the game,"

She smiled, "the less said about husbands the better,"

"You're here alone?" He asked and she raised her eyebrow,

"Does that surprise you?" She asked, a hint of a smile on her face,

"Yes," he nodded, "how long have you been here?"

"In koh lanta? Four days... But I've been here in Thailand for a month," she replied,

"I'm surprised our paths haven't crossed sooner," he admitted, "I've been in Thailand just over a month... Been here a week..."

He lead her gently away from the volleyball net, "there's supposed to be a great fresh fish restaurant a short walk from here," he told her, "I don't suppose you fancy joining me for dinner?"

She hesitated for a moment before she set eyes on another traveller who waved at her,

"That sounds good," she smiled,

He nodded, "I'll meet you at the bar at 7?"

She took her time in having a leisurely shower, reaching forward for the body scrub that had been provided by the hotel. She let the water soak off the scrub, before she entered her room and began the search for her aftersun. She was looking forward to having dinner with someone, there was a gentleness about him that had put her at ease, and she liked that about him already.

She slipped on some underwear before pulling a light blue, tight maxi dress over her head. Her hair fell in partially tamed waves around her shoulders and she wore plain gold jewellery. She slipped her feet into gold sandals before nodding as she looked at herself in the mirror.

She had kept up her daily jogging whilst she'd been away, and she decided on removing her underwear as she saw the line they created around her behind.

"I thought you had had a better offer for a while there," he smiled easily, "would you like a drink?"

She leaned into him, "a glass of wine would be lovely," she smiled, taking it great fully.

"So... How long are you travelling for?" He asked, watching her as she slipped up onto the bar stool and crossed her legs.

"Until I want to go home," she admitted quietly and he smiled,

"The world is your oyster," he smiled,

"Something like that," she nodded, placing down her wine and standing up, "come on, let's go for dinner, I'm starving."