Maternity leave?

"You're supposed to be giving up work," he told her, watching as she removed her apron and bloodied gloves,

"I did try to persuade her, but then she started show casing her talent and we all forgot she was pregnant and supposed to be resting," Mr.Cullen smiled,

Connie nudged him, "as long as I can reach the table, I want to be here,"

Jacob held out his hand, "fancy a hot chocolate break?"

"With you? Always," she nodded, accepting the hot drink and following him up to the roof.

"Five weeks to go," she admitted, "the heels beat me today,"

He slipped his arms around her ever expanding waist gently, "I can't wait," she smiled, "and I can't wait to hug you without my stomach getting in the way,"

She turned sideways to cuddle him, "that's a definite downside to pregnancy," she smiled, looking up at him as he kissed her gently.

"You're my favourite person," he told her, "I love you ever so much,"

She smiled, "I love you."

He watched her rubbing her thigh before she frowned as she sat down and leaned into the nurses station.

"What's the matter sweetcheeks?" He asked and she shrugged,

"I haven't had leg pain like this before..."

He took her hand and lead her into a cubicle before asking her to pull down her trousers. "Con..."

"It wasn't red and swollen like that this morning Jacob,"

He nodded, "how long has it been hurting?"

She sighed, " a few days... I thought it was due to the weight from the pregnancy and I booked an appointment with the prosthetist next week incase I needed a foot that took more weight..."

"I'm going to get Jac... I think you may need a Doppler scan,"

She nodded, "I've been feeling a bit short of breathe today too,"

He kissed her forehead, "don't move, I'll page Jac now."

Jac turned the screen to show Connie the scan, the image showed a large DVT that extended through her anterior thigh,

"It's a good job you got this checked," Jac told her, "I'm going to start you on Heparin straight away... I'll call vascular... You're going to have to stay in for a few days,"

Jacob took her hand, "don't worry about Mia... Or Rolo for that matter... I'll have them..."

She sighed, "being in hospital is so dull... Can't I just come in for the heparin dose daily?"

Jac rolled her eyes, "you can have that argument with the vascular team."

He was glad when he went to visit her this evening that she was asleep. He was slightly glad she'd been told to stay as an inpatient for a few days, she had shown no sights of slowing down despite nearing her due date.

He had left Mia and Rolo with his sister that evening and slipped his shoes and shirt off, laying them on the chair. He slipped into her bed behind her, his arm wrapping around her waist, his lips against her neck, "sweet dreams my beautiful girl," he whispered, and Connie snuggled back into him whilst she slept.

She woke the following morning, a smile on her face as she felt Jacob wrapped around her.

He woke to feel her fingertips running up and over his hand and forearm, before he leaned up on his elbow, allowing her to drift onto her back.

"How's the leg pain?" He asked and she shook her head,

"Pretty much gone..." She nodded, stretching her arms above her head before trailing them over his back as he leaned to kiss her.

"Three weeks to wait," she smiled against his mouth and he nodded,

"I can't wait.... Another mini us to add to our family,"

"I think we're having a girl..."

"You said that last time..."

She smiled, nudging his chest, "and I was right wasn't I..."