Hoi An

She woke the following morning surprised at how well she had slept in his arms. The curtains remained open and revealed the beautiful bay surrounding them. She realised he must have used the duvet from her bed to prevent waking her last night and she smiled. His hand still lay against her hair and she found herself wondering when it was that she last felt so at ease with the world.

"Jacob," she whispered from where she lay, pushing herself up so she leaned on one elbow, "Jacob,"

He opened his eyes and smiled as he looked at the view behind her and how beautiful she looked so early in the morning,

"Stay there," he told her, reaching into the drawer for his camera and taking a picture of her,

"Let me see," she asked and he shook his head, "before we split up for home I'll show you them all,"

She smiled, leaning forward to kiss his cheek gently, before getting up,

"That's a nice idea... Now come on, come and get breakfast with me,"

They climbed up to the highest point of a small mountain and sat down, their legs dangling.

"I caught my ex-husband cheating on me a year ago..." She told him, grateful as he took her hand in his own gently. "He promised me it was a mistake and that it wouldn't happen again and I gave him a chance... Then one day I went back home, I had planned to go to the gym after work and I had forgotten my trainers... I went back to get them and I found him in bed with someone else... I saw these ridiculously hot underwear on the floor and I remember thinking they weren't something you'd put on just for work... They were red and lacy and I..." She shrugged, "I felt like a fool... He'd been having affairs and fucking women at every opportunity and I let him into my bed every night."

"When we got married he promised we could travel... And we never did...so I left him, rented out my house and came over here..."

He stood up and held out his hand, "any man that cheats on you is a fool... You deserve better than him sweetcheeks,"

"I finally agree... I wondered for months about what I'd done, why he couldn't stay faithful but I've finally realised that's down to him, not me."

She leaned into his chest and he pressed his lips gently against her hair.

They had both gone separate ways for the evening in Hoi An and had planned to meet for dinner that night. She had got a couple of dresses made, whilst he was getting measured for a suit.

A man walked passed and Connie smiled, waving at him as he turned around,

"Paul Rose," she grinned, laughing against him as he spun her around,

"Connie Beauchamp, what are you doing here? It's been years," he smiled and she watched him as he rubbed her arms gently, "you look even more incredible than usual,"

"Michael started to have affairs," she admitted, "so I left, I've rented out my house and I'm travelling for the next few months..."

She smiled, "I'm due to meet my friend for dinner, do you want to join us?"

"That sound nice."

The three of them sat at small tables, a small BBQ in the middle of the tables. They thanked the waiter as he bought over more seafood, placing it above the hot coals. Jacob smiled as he took a picture of Connie and Paul, before handing the phone back to Paul.

"Emma will be gutted to have missed you," he smiled, "every few months we have to leave the country to come back again, she's gone home and I'm visiting some family friends here,"

"How long are you teaching and volunteering anaesthetics in Thailand?" She asked and he smiled,

"It was only ever meant to be for a few months... I've been out here for six... Emma has a job to start in Singapore, so we have three weeks before we head over there."

As Connie excused herself Paul nodded at Jacob, "look after her won't you? I can hardly believe she started these travels alone,"

Jacob smiled, "I enjoy her company, of course I will,"

"Michael hurt her more than she'll ever admit... She says she's off men, but she's gorgeous and always seems to attract attention..."

Jacob nodded, "you have my word."

Connie returned, a smile on her face as she returned to the table. She placed her hand on Jacobs shoulder before sitting down next to Paul, "don't go without giving me your number, it would be good to catch up if we're both heading to Singapore."

A knock on the door woke him and he smiled as he saw Connie standing there wearing nothing but small shorts and a strap top.

He placed his hand on her face, "come on, come and sleep with me,"

She raised an eyebrow and he laughed, "you have a dirty mind, not like that,"

She nodded, "sorry to wake you.. I just needed some company,"

He took her hand and guided her into the bed beside him, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist as she cuddled into his chest. Her legs slipped between his own and they fell asleep together as if it was normal for them to do so.

She woke first the following morning and got out of bed, stretching her arms above her head. She smiled as Jacob stirred,

"We have that cycle today," she smiled, before sitting down on his bed gently, placing a hand on his cheek,

"Thank you for last night, after seeing Paul I just..." She shrugged, "felt home sick I suppose."

He kissed her hand gently, "you can share my bed whenever you like sweet-cheeks