Dinner

He smiled as one of the waiters grabbed her hand and danced with her across the restaurant and onto the beach. Various couples danced happily to the music and Connie soon beckoned him over. He spun her around gently, marvelling at how her hips moved gently in time with the music.

"Dinner is served," another waiter smiled and Connie allowed Jacob to lead her back to the table.

"And what about you? How long are you travelling for?"

He shrugged, "as long as I need too,"

She sensed the dip in his mood and topped up his wine glass, "you were right... This place is beautiful... And the food is amazing,"

"You'd pay a fortune for seafood like this at home wouldn't you," he smiled, "come, there's somewhere I want to show you,"

He paid the bill and she linked her arm through his, "thank you...I didn't expect you to pay..."

"Most women just say thank you," he teased, looking at her, a smile on his face,

"Oh I'm not most women Jacob," she smiled and he nudged her, "I wanted to, it was nice to have some company,"

"What do you think?" He asked and she couldn't help the amazement that spread across her face.

A small house was decorated with colourful lanterns, the owners sitting outside drinking wine,

"Good evening," he smiled, shaking their hands, "I thought my friend would like to see this place... If that's okay with you... This is Connie,"

"Your home is so beautiful," she smiled, as she too shook their hands.

She watched as the pulled large pillows over and poured them both a glass of wine. He rested his arm behind her shoulders and she smiled as they all sat in a comfortable silence, watching the sea move backwards and forwards against the sand.

Connie felt her eyes closing and Jacob smiled as her head dipped to his chest,

"Who is your friend?" The older woman asked, "we met today... We've just been for dinner,"

"She's been through a lot... Be kind to her won't you Jacob," the lady nodded, handing him a blanket,

"How do you know?"

"She knows everything," the elderly man replied and Jacob smiled,

"You have my word, I will be kind."

He thanked the elderly couple, before he gently nudged Connie awake. She smiled, saying goodbye to the couple and allowing Jacob to take her hand.

"Thank you," she told him, tiptoeing up and kissing his cheek as they reached their apartments.

"What for?"

She shrugged, "great food and great company,"

He nodded, "I'll go for that... Sleep well Connie, I hope I see you tomorrow."

She opened her eyes as a shadow covered her sun, "strawberry or tropical?" He asked, holding out both Callipo ice lollies,

"Tropical," she smiled, sitting up and crossing her legs before she took it from

him.

"Can I sit?" He asked, sitting on the beach towel beside her as she nodded,

"Snap," he smiled, holding up his book of Vietnam that matched her own.

"Look, I won't be offended if you don't fancy it... But how about we fly over together? If you're sick of me by then we can separate as soon as we get there?"

She looked at him, her eyes sparkling, "I'd like that," she smiled,

"I was planning on going tomorrow evening... Does that suit you?"

She nodded, "shall we fly into Ho chi min city or Hanoi?"

"Hanoi... That way we can fly down the country,"

She smiled, "sounds good to me."