Goodbyes

She was surprised to find him at the bar alone a few days later. He wore an expression on his face she had never seen before. She ordered a glass of wine and a beer, before she handed him the beer and watched as he drunk half of it in one go.

"Jacob," she spoke quietly and as he looked at her he couldn't stop the tears that sprung to his eyes,

She took his hand in her own, her other hand resting on his cheek, her thumb stroking his skin softly, "please talk to me... what's happened?" She asked and he couldn't stop the tears from rolling down his cheeks,

She lead him back up to their room and out onto the balcony.

"My brother... He... He died Connie... He's dead... We're twins... We were twins... I..."

She slipped up onto his lap and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. "You cry," she whispered, her lips pressing against his temple as he held her tightly.

"Come on, we can order room service and I'll get you on the next flight home,"

He watched as she booked him onto the next flight before opening the door and accepting the pizza she was handed.

"You're on the first flight home in the morning," she told him gently, a piece of pizza in her hand as she stood in a tight maxi dress.

She curled into him as they lay on the sun loungers on the balcony. A comfortable silence had fallen over the pair before she spoke,

"What was he like?" She asked, "your brother?" She ran her fingertips over his face, "was he like you?"

"Sort of," he smiled, "he had more of a temper I suppose... He's a lawyer in the city and he was always more intelligent than me," he smiled, "we could always make each other laugh though, he loved the fact I got away from my ex wife and finally went travelling... He was meant to meet me out here at some point...he would have liked you,"

"I'm really sorry," she told him gently, "I wish this wasn't happening to you,"

"Tell me some more stories," she asked him, "I want to know about what you were like growing up,"

Jacob smiled, running his hands through her hair as she relaxed into his muscular chest. He found that speaking to her about his brother came easily and helped soothe some of the turmoil he was feeling.

She woke the next morning to him packing and placing his passport in his pocket. She pulled herself up out of bed and wrapped her arms around his waist fondly, her head resting on his chest.

"Send your family my love," she spoke quietly and he cuddled her too him, placing a gentle kiss to her forehead,

"I'll really miss you," she told him, "I wish you didn't have to go,"

He took her face gently in his hands, "I'll miss you too sweet cheeks, I'll especially miss how warm and tactile and naked you are in the mornings,"

She laughed as his thumbs brushed her cheeks gently,

"I'll be in Sweden this time next month,"

She told him, "There's a hotel made out of ice, I'm going to spend at least one night there."

He brushed her hair from her face, "I meant it when I said you're beautiful," he told her, "you are so beautiful,"

"Bye Jacob," she spoke quietly, kissing his cheek once before watching as he left her there. She sat on the edge of the bed, and sighed. He knocked on the door and as she opened it, he pulled her to him once more, hugging her tightly and kissing her cheek, "thank you, you've been the most amazing person to travel with,"

She stayed close to his chest, "go home, we will meet again," she smiled kindly.

"Look after yourself Sweetheart,"

She couldn't help the tears that now rolled down her cheeks as he held her tightly,

"This isn't goodbye," he told her gently,

"You need to go, I'll be fine,"

"I know you will," he smiled gently, kissing her forehead, "you're amazing, don't let anyone make you believe differently."

She placed her hands either side of his cheeks and kissed his cheek softly, "get out of here."

She felt tears spring to her eyes and she sat down onto the bed, curling up and getting under the covers. She hadn't expected to find someone she wanted to travel with and after spending so much time with him she knew she'd miss him terribly.

"Beautiful Connie.

I've don't think there's anyone else I'd rather travel the world with, infact I know there isn't. I went travelling to escape every day life, and I think we did that together didn't we. I have some great photographs that I vow I'll show you next time I see you. Enjoy the rest of Singapore, I wish I'd got to see it with you.

Stay strong. Stay happy. Keep looking at the world in the way that you know how.

I will miss you. You are beautiful inside and out, and I won't forget your kindness and the fun we've had.

I hope we meet again. Actually ignore that; I can't wait to see you again.

Love Jacob. Xx"