Thank you

She smiled as she felt his arm still gently around her waist as he slept behind her the following morning. She wasn't used to waking up with someone so close to her throughout the night and she slipped from his arms to sit on the edge of the bed and donned her prosthesis easily.

He woke to see her sat wearing nothing but his shirt, overlooking the frosty garden.

He smiled, getting up and slipping his arm around her shoulders and pressing a gentle kiss to her hair. She looked up and ran her fingertips over his cheek before pulling his down to kiss him properly. He sat behind her as she smiled, "good morning," she uttered,

"It certainly is... You look happy sweet cheeks,"

She leaned up to open the window and shrugged, "I feel like me today; and that's pretty much down to you... Are you working today?"

He shrugged, "depends... I could always swap with Rita..."

"I have a physio appointment for running and then I thought maybe we could have a walk along the beach and some lunch? Could always see if the girls are free,"

"Go and get ready for physio... I'll call Rita,"

"Go," he smiled as he watched her attempting to jog outside with the physio beside her.

"Slow down," the physio told her, "we're trying to jog first not run,"

"You haven't seen how he runs," she laughed, "I need to be faster to keep up with him,"

She entered the living room and rolled her eyes as she watched Jacob pretending to hit his nieces with her prosthetic leg,

"You're ridiculous," she uttered, smiling as his mum hugged her.

"Thank you Connie,"

"What for?" She asked.

"For making him happy," his dad smiled,

"He stood by me when I couldn't even remember his name, or where I met him," she admitted.

"He became quiet and different after he had to spend some time in prison," his mum admitted, "and then he lost Joe... And then this..." She watched him as he swung Paige around as Jade and Ellie laughed,

"I thought this may have finished him... But you've managed to help him become who he used to be,"

Connie smiled, "when we travelled he looked after me... We weren't together but I felt safe with him. He warned off all the strange men; he didn't take advantage when I'd had a drink... You know I used to cuddle up with him wearing hardly a thing and I knew he wouldn't take advantage..." She watched him fondly, "he's a good person... You have both raised a really good person."

Tanya placed a hand on Connie's shoulder, "you two are perfect for each other," she told Connie gently, "you're the type of person I've always wanted for my son."