School

The next few years passed quickly and before they knew it Mia was dressed and ready for her first day at primary school. Connie stood beside Jacob at the school gates, a now two year old Sophie asleep in the pushchair. They watched as Mia turned around and ran back to Connie, wrapping her arms around her as Connie leaned down to plant kisses against her cheeks and her hair,

"I love you mummy," she smiled, hugging Connie tightly, before she ran at Jacob,

"Be good sweetheart," he smiled as he placed her down, watching as she gave Connie a final hug,

"I'll see you later baby," Connie smiled, waving as she watched their daughter ran inside.

"Hey... She'll be fine... She has you for a mother," he smiled fondly and she smiled as he wiped the few tears from her face that she hadn't managed to hold back.

"And you for her father," she smiled, "I know she'll be fine... I can't believe she's five, She's just growing up so quickly... She won't be hugging us like that forever,"

"I hope she will for a while yet," he smiled, "and besides, I'll always hold you like this,"

She looked up at him and kissed his mouth, "I love you, my wonderful husband," she smiled, resting against his chest as his hands ran soothingly up and down her back,

"I love you more my beautiful wife... You've given me everything I could dream of in life."

"What's the matter baby?" Jacob asked and Mia lifted her face from her flexed knees.

"I miss mummy," she uttered, and Jacob sat beside her,

"Shall we go and visit her at work? Then we could all go for pizza?"

Connie smiled as she heard Mias voice shouting her name, before her little daughter ran down the corridor towards her.

Connie bent down and received her daughter whole heartedly, making Mr. Cullen smile at Jacob,

"Mia, what did I tell you about running off," Jacob told her and Mia buried her head into Connie's chest,

"You said we could see mummy and I saw her and wanted a cuddle,"

Connie smiled, pushing her hair back from her face, "your dad just worries if you run off," she told her gently, "It's so lovely to see you baby,"

"Can we go for pizza?"

"If you and dad can wait an hour of course we can,"

"Go," Mr. Cullen smiled, "we're quiet and I can continue here,"

"You sure?" She asked and Nick nodded, "of course."

"Thank you, thank you," Mia smiled, slipping her hand into Connie's as she stood up and squeezed her daughters hand gently,

"Sophie and Rolo are with my sister and the girls," he nodded, kissing her gently.

Connie smiled as Mia slipped onto her lap at dinner. After she'd eaten, Connie and Jacob ordered a glass of wine and Jacob smiled as he watched how Mia closed her eyes, one hand running through Connie's dark hair.

"So... I've been thinking..."

She raised an eyebrow as she shifted Mia slightly,

"Give me two weeks you're free and me and you are going away... Alone... To somewhere hot... So we can spend two weeks, preferably naked... In the sun..."

She took his hand, "I'll email nick... That sounds perfect."

Jacob smiled as he stood in the doorway and watched as Connie settled the girls. Their daughters had their own rooms, but they often chose to sleep in the same bed, and Connie found herself allowing them to do so.

"I love you girls," she whispered quietly, kissing them once more before turning off their bedside light.

She smiled as she saw Jacob stood in the doorway, and immediately cuddled into him,

"Dinners ready," he smiled, taking her hand and leading her downstairs.

She slipped her arms around his waist, her chin resting on his chest. He plated up their food and turned to face her,

"You're particularly tactile today," he told her, pushing her hair back behind her ears as he kissed her forehead,

"I didn't think it was possible to feel as much love for someone as I do for you and our girls," she admitted, "sometimes the love I feel for you all overwhelms me..."

He cuddled her gently, "I know how you feel,"

"I have a follow up appointment with physio and prosthetics tomorrow... Any chance you could come with me?"

He nodded, "of course... All okay?"

"Fine," she smiled, "you know most of the time I forget that this is a prosthetic leg... It's just part of the trial follow up,"

He kissed her mouth, "of course I'll come.