WonderWoman

"I think you may be Wonder Woman," he uttered as he came home to see her sat on the porch overlooking their garden, their daughter in her arms and Rolo asleep next to her.

He sat beside her and smiled as she handed him Mia. She stirred, settling as Connie placed a hand to her chest,

"Mummy's girl already I see," he smiled, placing a hand on Connie's thigh and squeezing it gently.

"How was your day?" She asked, and he pressed his lips against her temple,

"Dull without you to look at," he admitted, "the thought of you at home with these two without me made me jealous,"

Rolo wagged her tail and moved so she sat next to Connie as she stroked her fur gently,

"Shall we take these two for a walk?" She asked as Rolo nudged her leg gently,

"Go and get your lead," she told the dog, and Jacob rolled his eyes as she did as she was asked.

Connie smiled, "what? I miss work... Got to keep myself amused some how... And besides, she likes new tricks,"

He kissed her temple before she turned to him, "will you watch her whilst I wash my hair... Then we can walk?"

"Of course," he smiled.

She appeared a while later with her hair clean and curled, wearing one of his jumpers and tight jeans.

"You look like you've never given birth," he smiled and she shook her head,

"Don't be ridiculous... My stomach feels like it'll never be the same again,"

He watched her as she undid the buggy and shoo'd Rolo out of the door,

"How does your leg feel?" He asked and she shrugged, "fine," she smiled, "it felt a bit swollen after the birth but it's gone back to normal,"

"It seems so long ago doesn't it," she uttered and he nodded, "sort of..."

"I keep remembering things," she admitted, "about travelling... And about how much fun we had..."

He unclipped Rolo's lead and nodded, "when this ones a bit older we can go away somewhere new if you like?"

She nodded, leaning into his side as he took her hand and kissed it gently.

She got up in the middle of the night and pulled Jacobs jumper from the back of the chair and over her head. She slipped outside quietly, her head resting in her hands.

"Con?" He asked into the darkness, handing her a cup of tea and sitting beside her,

"Do you want to be alone?"

She shook her head, "I just remembered finding Michael with that woman," she admitted, "when these memories come back, they seem to strong and... It's stupid it was a long time ago but remembering it so vividly hurts,"

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple, "he never did deserve you,"

She leaned into him and closed her eyes, his hand soothing her hair softly, "bed?" He asked and she shook her head, reminding him of the way she used to sleep across him when they were away.

He woke still outside to find Connie sat beside him, feeding their now sleepy daughter. She adjusted her top and leaned over to him, holding their baby to her chest as she used her free hand to cup his cheek and bring him to her.

"I really love you," she told him, kissing him before he had chance to reply. She stood up and held out her hand, leading him inside.

"I'll settle her and join you in bed," she smiled.

She cuddled up besides him twenty minutes later and laughed as he wrapped his arm around her waist as he cuddled up behind her.

"You're warm and beautiful," he told her quietly and she took his hands,

"Only for you," she replied and his lips pressed against her neck.