Weekend away

He squeezed her hand gently as she jumped slightly due to the ultrasound gel. He pressed his lips against her hair and they smiled as the sound of their babies heartbeat filled the room,

"You have a baby with a strong heart beat there..."

Connie nodded, a smile on her face, "that's good to know."

"And you still don't want to know the sex?"

The midwife smiled as they shook their heads and handed Connie some paper towels, "in that case, take your time and I'll print off the scan photographs for you."

Jacob watched her fondly, pressing his lips to her forehead as she wiped the ultrasound gel from her stomach,

As the midwife left the room, Jacob leaned over and kissed her mouth gently. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laughed as he lifted her up so she could wrap her legs around his waist. She kissed him as he placed her back down to the floor so she could slip her shoes back on.

"Are you supposed to be going back to work?" He asked and she shook her head,

"I'll see if I can get he afternoon off... We can pick up Mia and go out for the day,"

"Can we get Rolo too?"

"Of course," Jacob smiled, "I know better than to leave her out of a family afternoon out."

"That dog is so stupid," Jacob laughed as he watched as Rolo allowed Mia to climb onto her back. Connie leaned into him as the dog moved slowly with Mia still attached to her.

Connie scooped up Mia, "she's a dog not a pony sweetheart." Connie smiled, as their daughter cuddled into her, "love you mummy," she spoke happily, "I love you baby."

They sat closely on their favourite bench that overlooked Holby. The sun had began to set, and Mia slept soundly with her head on Connie's lap.

Jacobs arm rested around Connie's shoulders as she rested her head on his chest,

Jacob pressed his lips against her temple, before placing his hand against her stomach, "your the best mum I could wish for for Mia," he told her gently, "I know you're going to be great with this one too,"

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" She asked and he slipped his cold hand under her top, laughing as she shivered slightly,

"As long as they're happy and healthy I don't mind," he admitted, "although I know Mia and the girls would love another girl,"

She slipped her hands over his before encasing his fingers into her own,

"I'm happy either way,"

"Ellie said she'll have Mia and Rolo this weekend... Let me take you somewhere..."

She raised an eyebrow, "at least tell me what to pack,"

"Deal," he smiled.

She kissed Mia and the girls goodbye, before allowing Jacob to take her hand and lead her into the car. She fell asleep quickly, her hair slipping from behind her ear and covering her face. He smiled as they stopped at traffic lights and pushed her hair gently behind her ear, causing her eyes to flicker open.

She couldn't help but smile at him, causing him to lean forward and kiss her mouth.

"We never had our honeymoon," she told him and he nodded,

"Once this one is born and settled in... I promise we will take a long holiday... Just you and me..."

She smiled, "I can't wait for this weekend,"

"We're only an hour away, go back to sleep, I'll wake you when we're there."

She kissed him gently and he smiled, before concentrating once again on the road.