Singapore

She saw a new pair of trainers on the dressing table when she woke, surprised to find Jacob wasn't next to her.

"I've gone for a swim; put these on and we can run together. Thank you for last night, I'm glad I told someone, and I'm glad it was you. Jacob xx"

She slipped her feet into her trainers before getting dressed for a run.

She watched him for a while in the pool, he wasn't her usual type, but there was something about him that intrigued her.

"Morning sweetcheeks," he smiled, "I hope you don't run in those shorts at home."

"No it's far too cold for shorts," she smiled. She stood in a pair of navy shorts and a yellow sports bra. He'd bought her turquoise Nike trainers with a yellow tick, and she looked like she's walked straight out of a fitness catalogue.

"I'll just dry off and we can go," he smiled.

He laughed as she jumped onto his back as they neared the hotel. He laughed as she wrapped her arms around his neck,

"You run too fast Jacob,"

He held her before jogging over to the sea.

"Don't you dare,"

She screamed as he ran with her into the sea.

"You shit," she cursed as she laughed as she splashed him,

"You're a fast runner Connie," he smiled, "we will have to run together more often,"

"Not if you throw me into the sea we won't."

They sat a few nights later in Singapore, having cocktails in marina bay sands hotel."What?" He smiled, and she shrugged,

"I was just thinking about what you said a few nights ago."

"You want to ask me what prison was like don't you?" He asked her, his eyes meeting hers as she nodded,

"It's just, you're so kind and gentle I just can't imagine you in prison,"

They moved so they sat closely on a sofa, he lifted his arm and sighed,

"I was only in for a couple of weeks... I kept myself to myself... There were a few men who tried to pick fights, but I can hold my own... There wasn't much to do but it was clean and..." He shrugged, "I was glad to get out put it that way,"

They were interrupted by a man who kept offering to buy Connie a drink, she politely declined for the fourth time and Jacob rolled his eyes,

"He's driving me mad," she told him,

"Okay, mate, that's enough, she's not interested," Jacob told him and before he knew it the man had taken a swing for him. Jacob winced as his fist caught his eye and Connie took his hand and lead him away.

"Sit down," she told him, "idiot,"

"He's the idiot," he grumbled,

"Look up," she told him and he did as she asked. She washed the small cut on his eyebrow and pressed a gauze gently against it, "his ring must have caught your eye,"

"I can stand up for myself," she told him and he rolled his eyes,

"Yeah well, I clearly can't,"

She laughed and shook her head, "cut your shoulder, now your eye... You're a disaster,"

They watched as the drunk man attempted to return and she took his hand, "let's go to the bar downstairs, he's asking for trouble, and I don't want you getting into any."

He watched as she managed to persuade the hotel to let them use the rooftop pool. She ordered two glasses of wine and sat onto the side of the pool and waited for him to join her.

"This view is insane," he nodded, clinking his glass against her own,

"I love views at night," she told him, "everything seems so much more beautiful in the dark,"

He slipped into the water and smiled, "you coming in?"

She took their glasses and walked over to the infinity jacuzzi that overlooked the city.

"New swimsuit?" He asked and she shook her head,

"No... I just didn't want to wear it until I had a good tan,"

"You look good," he smiled, winking at her and causing her to smile,

"Could say the same to you muscles,"

He laughed, "muscles?"

"You call me sweetcheeks, it's only fair I give you a nickname too,"

"Just so you know, it's not only the cheeks on your face that are sweet,"

She almost choked on her wine and he laughed as she stood up and shimmied her bum towards him,

"That's the closest you're getting to my bum," she laughed and he found himself laughing with her,

"What can I say? I meant it when I said nice swimsuit,"

She sat on his lap in the water and laughed before she peppered kisses over his cheek and his forehead, laughing as he squeezed her thigh,

"You're drunk," he smiled and she rolled her eyes,

"You're right... Can we stay here for the night?"

"No," he laughed, "you drink that and I'm taking you home, you're off men remember,"

"Hmmm," she smiled and he shook his head.

She lay on his chest fast asleep as he ran his hands up and down her back gently. She had come home, cleaned her teeth and removed her clothes before falling into bed with him. Her confidence always made him smile, she never hesitated in taking off her clothes in front of him as if she was well within her rights to do so. That said she usually kept her pants on, but it seemed that tonight she was too drunk to do so.

"Jacob," she mumbled against his chest, before mumbling something else inaudible against his skin.

She woke first the next morning and was surprised to see she wasn't wearing any clothes. She decided against waking her companion and instead fell back to sleep quickly and easily in his arms.

She woke to see him watching television quietly, his arms still round her as he slept. She found that his kindness towards her surprised her; he always managed to keep her on be straight and narrow even after a bottle of wine. He was the only man she would trust not to take advantage of her when she drunk and clearly naked.

"Hi sweetheart," he smiled, "how you feeling?"

She propped herself up on one elbow, and kept the covers close to her chest, "surprisingly fine," she smiled, "why did I take my underwear off last night?"

"Who knows," he laughed, his eyes catching hers as she shook her head,

"Thank you... Again..."

"What for?"

She rolled her eyes, "for seeing me home safe and not taking advantage of me... How's your eye this morning?"

"Bit sore," he admitted, "but nothing I can't handle,"

She ran her hand across his face, "sometimes I wonder if I'd still be travelling of I didn't meet you," she told him gently, "and I don't know the answer,"

"You think too much," he told her gently.