Isla Carmine/Aphrodite

I was really nervous!

Since my Mom met me in the coffee shop, she hasn't utter a word about anything and I'm getting nervous about it.

Luckily, I'm not completely alone. I was also with my future sisters-in-law (or, at least, some of them, according to Mitchel) Piper, Drew and Lacy. They all have different personalities, but I think that they complement each other well. I think I was gonna get the comments and critiques that I need with a little sugar, and not straight sour like Mom does all the time.

We walked into the bridal store, Goddess' Style and I immediately felt like a little girl in a candy store. So many dresses to try on! It's every little girl's dream come true, playing doll dress up for a day...

"I hope they don't have us waiting..." Mom immediately complained, walking in front of me, looking around as if the white and ivory dresses would make her sick.

"Mom, is a big store and someone is going to deal with us..." I tried to comfort her, though it suppose to be the other way around.

"Oh, I think we have the exactly saleswoman to deal with us..." Piper joked, looking at Drew, who was talking to the employees as if she owned the place. I frowned at Piper's words until I realized... Drew owned the place!! My sister-in-law (OK, future sister-in-law) owned a bridal store!!

"Don't worry, Drew will find the perfect dress for you... Or she'll end up making it for you" Lacy butted in, playing with one of piece of her hair.

"That's comforting" I admitted, smirking. However was the case, I wasn't going to be without a wedding dress when I meet Mitchel down the aisle. Suddenly, I started to cry and a box of tissues appeared in front of me and a smirking Piper.

"We're all ready for this!" Piper supported me, rubbing my back.

"If this turns into a crying festival, we better end this soon..." Mom pointed out and I saw Drew glaring at her with a look that could actually kill.

"If this was any normal shopping date with any normal bride, I'd ask how many are you willing to spend, but-" Drew raised a finger when I was about to say how much I was willing to spend on my wedding gown "-since you're marrying my brother, I think is fair to say that, no matter how expensive the dress is, doesn't matter if it's from the runway, the rag or my workshop, it's yours" My eyes wanted to get out of my face, because I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

"Then, I guess I'm giving them the entertainment" Piper promised, smiling at her sister. My body couldn't fit this much joy, when Lacy added her share of surprises.

"I guess me and the guys are going to put money for their honeymoon, then..." I blushed until I couldn't speak, but I expressed my gratitude with a group hug between the four of us.

"Thank God someone gives her the dress or she wouldn't be able to pay something that fits her well..." And that's how my Mom manages to make a beautiful, endearment and bonding moment between the bride and their future sisters-in-law into a pity festival. Typical of her...

"Tell me what you want to wear on your wedding day, Isla" Drew asked me, gritting her teeth. It was obvious that she either wanted to kick my mother out, or kill her herself. I forgot about my mother for a few minutes, while I thought about about my perfect wedding dress.

"I guess I'm not looking for a short dress, but I'm willing to try them to see how they look on me..." I began, while Drew took out a pad and started to take notes "I'd like it to have some kind of sleeve or something that works as Placebo in my mind that the dress won't fall off my body, like strips around the neck..."

"That last one would be perfect if you don't plan on wearing necklaces, because it'd make your neck and upper chest loaded..." Lacy suggested, gently. I nodded, along with the rest of the girls. My mother? She went searching for what it would be perfect for me... according to her.

"What I do know is that I want some kind of blue feather accessory on my head, to make it different..." I confessed, giggling like mad. The girls soon joined me.

"It might not had worked on Sarah Jessica Parker, but I bet you could pull it off..." I heard from behind us. Lacy and Piper, who were facing me, were left speechless as someone walked towards us and engulfed them in a hug "Hi, sweeties!!"

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Piper wondered, clearly surprised. Mom?? I still didn't see the woman's face, but if Lacy Drew and Piper are any indication, the woman is gorgeous.

"Oh, you think I'd miss the opportunity of meeting Mitchel's fiancée for the first time while shopping for wedding dresses?" The woman replied, turning to hug Drew that was by my side. I got a profile of her face and I immediately knew that nobody would see me at my own wedding if that woman was there as well. She wasn't that tall, actually, she matched the girls in hight. Her skin was pale, but tan and she was fit in the right places. Her face didn't show signs of having any retouch and she was sporting the biggest and radiant smile I've ever seen. Her hair was wavy chocolate, like Mitchel's and had the same kaleidoscope eyes that identified any of her kids "Why, hello, darling!" she greeted me with a warm hug, something I wasn't used to "I'm Aphrodite, nice to meet you!"

"L-likewise, ma'am... I'm Isla" I introduced myself, smiling. That woman's smile was contagious!

"OK, Isla... I have a few dresses in mind I want you to try-" Drew's opinion was suddenly cut when my mother arrived and tossed a bunch of dresses in a couch, crossing her arms.

"Isla, try these. If they don't fit, none will" she ordered me. I seriously was about to cry, but of frustration. How could she act this way, I don't know. Luckily, my fiancé's family was more welcome than her.

All that I fear now was a war between the mothers-in-law...