Miranda Gardnier/Ares

I looked down at my watch one more time, before sighing big.

30 minutes late...

I don't know why I'm surprised, I mean, it was something to be expected from him. Damn, even Sherman warned me about it when I got the invitation. A very gore one, by the way...

"...so, I was thinking that maybe we could paint the room white before- AHHH!!" I screamed the second I walked into the kitchen, disgusted and terrified about the sight I was watching. Sherman, who was sitting in the living room, listening to my rant about painting my new store, rushed to my side to see what was it.

"What's wrong, Mir- Ugh, that stinks!!" he covered his nose, almost making a gagging noise and I was close to follow it.

There was a dead pig on your table, full of blood and with a note attached.

"Who would do something like this?!" I shrieked, trying to move pass the horrifying picture of the pig, bleeding and his blood tripping on my floor, to get to the counter. No luck with that.

"One word" Sherman muttered, looking disgusted. I looked at him, hoping he could give this nonsense a sense "Dad"

"Thought your Dad reverences pig..."

"Boars and trust me, is not a better sight..." he took a deep breath and grabbed the pig, taking it outside the house. My powers got out of control, making plants around the house to blossom before time to cover the stinky smell with theirs. I was quickly wiping the floors, when Sherman came back and left a paper on the counter "It's for you"

"Me?!" I repeated, shocked. What could he want from me? And did he had to do it in such a horrible way?!

"Yes... I'll take a shower and burn this clothes... Too bad, it's my favorite shirt, but blood comes out with anything..." he walked up the stairs, muttering but I clearly could hear him say 'I'll never eat pig again...'. Out of curiosity, I grabbed the note to see an invitation/order to meet him the following day. I sighed, but nodded, quickly moving my appointments to other days.

I had arrived thirty minutes before the said time, so I could not be accused of being late. For someone who would leave a gore message, the place he chose was actually kind of nice and it was out in the day broadlight, which means he won't expose himself, or won't do it much. I ordered a tea and began my waiting.

One hour later and he hadn't arrived yet.

I tried not to make a fuzz over it, gods tent to play with mortals and make them wait, but I haven't heard of any of them being late for something. They always seem to be right on time. Bet anything that he'd come when I leave... I forced myself to wait, looking how people come and go from the meeting place, laughing and talking.

I was ignorant to what he wanted to talk to me. Was he going to say he was going to punish me? Tell me to divorce Sherman? Tough me up? Since the pig with lots of blood only gave the message of mess and disaster, I planned different scenarios of what was going to happen. I just hope he doesn't ask me to go on a quest or I'd refuse flatly!

When the two hours hit the watch, I couldn't wait anymore. I paid my waiter and left the place, with my head high, not wanting to give away the impression I was disappointed. I didn't walk far away when I noticed people were starting to get angry around me, people who seconds before were just happily talking.

Ares was close by.

"So, you finally show up?" I stated, not slowing down my walk. Not like I was running. Focus, Gardnier... Not let him control you...

"I was there the whole time..." A manly voice replied. I turned to see who had spoken to see a man dressed in leather from head to toes. The typical rocker/biker look, from the boots to the leather jacket and the bandana on the head. The sunglasses hid those eyes many had described as a burning fury with no control. Even with the glasses on, it was hard for me not to lash out "You don't seem happy I'm late"

"What was your first clue?" I sarcastically fired at him, all in a very calm voice I didn't know I could pull off "Don't worry, I'm not disappointed at you, gods are known for make demigods disappointed..." I threw the blow and he seemed surprised those words came out of my mouth, but I couldn't take them back "I'm curious, though... Why you wanted to meet with me and not Sherman?"

"I wanted to test your strength"

"With a juvenile arm wrestling match?" I snorted "What are you? 10? It would be obvious I wasn't going to win, so I don't know why you bother..." I started to walk away again, but I knew getting rid of him was impossible unless he wanted to leave.

"That strength" he pointed at me, while I raised an eyebrow "You have the same spunk as your mother, though she shows it less often than you kids..." I listened, with a frown on my face.

"You could have told me you'd meet me in the house, and not this elaborated ruse of making me cancel my meetings and being late to see me" I was very close to scream, but I controlled myself, which was a lot. He simply smirked at me "What?!" I was growing exasperated at his presence and I couldn't hold it much longer.

"That spunk. Welcome to the family, kid. No one had been able to resist in a long time" he winked at me, before walking away. I blinked and followed him, but when he turned the corner he was gone. It seemed like I'm having a long talk with Sherman when I get home.

----

Hello, guys!

Finally able to catch up with my normal routine, is something I really like. Especially when I'm able to deliver with you guys. You know the more frequent, the less chapters I post, but I like that way, gives me a purpose of challenge and satisfaction when I'm done with my tasks and able to write, right?

Anyway, onto the chapters!

Mortals, Meet... the In-Laws: one chapter!

Character, Meet... Character: one chapter! (with the proper apology in it)

Mate?! Ain't Australian, Buddy!!: one chapter!

Plus, also posting in Mortals, Meet... the In-Laws, a special request from ObeliskX. Is part two of one of the chapters I posted last week, can't remember where I posted. Hope you like it!

This week was short, but I hope I can come up with good things for next one!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses