Katie Gardner/Hermes

I woke up with a headache and with and empty stomach. The light was too bright and was about to scold Travis about it when all came back to me.

Last night dinner disaster.

I closed my eyes, while sadness filled me. True that my father wasn't very expressive and a little tight, but I've never imagined to head those words from him. The shock was too much, I just stood there, letting him rip me a new one. I felt really bad for Travis, because he was behaving, not making joke or anything. It was embarrassing.

I turned to my side and see Travis awake, looking back at me softly. True, he's a prankster but he has a soft side too.

"Feeling any better?" Not 'How do you feel?' or 'Are you feeling alright?'. Those were too obvious, so Travis always asks that, because he knows feelings don't disappear overnight. I nodded softly and did the most childish thing ever: I grabbed the sheets and hid under them "Katie-Kat..." he called me, obviously not even mad. I wasn't in spirit cause I didn't even replied about the nickname "C'mon, time for breakfast..."

"Don't wanna..." I mumbled, not really wanting to get out of bed. Thanks the Gods is Saturday...

"Breakfast in bed, instead?" he pressed, pulling the sheets down a little to see my face. I shook my head, but I couldn't resist his pout. Huffing, I pulled the covers off me and headed to the bathroom before going to the kitchen. The only problem was the Travis had beat me to it "Here, all your favorites... I even toasted the almonds the way you like..." he encouraged me.

"Thank you..." I replied, my voice a little hoarse from last night. He smiled at me and I saw the little almonds the way I liked, which made me think at what ungodly hour he had woken up to make them "Is there any yoghurt left?"

"Just one, but I'll go in the afternoon to the supermarket" I smiled, knowing that it'd be a fight over who would go to the supermarket, finishing with me going alone because he just plans to raid the place. The fact that he's volunteering makes my heart warm. Maybe I should be sad more often... Suddenly, my mood goes down and he noticed "Hey, hey... It'll be alright..."

"It's hard to process it..." I admitted, wiping my face clean. He nodded and kissed my cheek before sitting next to me and eating along. We were half mid breakfast when the doorbell rang. We both stared at each other, because we didn't know who it might be, we didn't have people coming over nor appointments we had forgotten. Travis got up and went to see who was it.

"Who- Dad!" Travis greeted a man that it looked like in his mid thirties, with curly brown hair and tanned skin. He was wearing a post office uniform, along with a messenger's bag. On his right hand, the symbol of Cabin 11, a caduceus. His blue sky eyes were sparkling and I feared for my pockets suddenly "What brings you here..?"

"Can't I just come and say 'hello'?" Hermes joked with him, knowing full well gods don't have to 'mingle' with their children. At least, not permanently. Thank you, Percy... "Katie, my dear! You look just like your mother..." he walked to me, kissing both my cheeks and shocking me. I wasn't expecting that "Though, I'd say that Demeter would use a dose of playfulness around her..."

"Um, thank you?" I sounded hesitated because I didn't know who to tackle that complement. Luckily, Travis did.

"George, Martha, how are you?" At first, I didn't know who Travis was addressing, because no one else was in the house, but I saw he was looking down at the caduceus.

"Do you have any rats? If not, last night chicken would be nice-"

"George, don't be rude! Travis, lovely to see you again... And hello to you to, Katie..."

"Oh, nice to meet you too..." I found myself shying away from them, which was ridiculous, but Travis didn't allow me to feel bad "Um, I don't have lots for breakfast, but I think I have some ambrosia somewhere..." I offered at them, not sure what to say.

"Don't worry, Katie" Hermes assured me, smiling. Still giving me the chills... "Unfortunately for me and you, I'm here in my official capacity of messenger of the gods..." he pulled out a stack of papers and handed me one to me "That is from your mother, you don't have to read it right away, but in the general, says you're not to blame-"

"And they say I'm rude for asking for food..."

"Reading other's mails again? Apologize to the girl! It doesn't concern you!" I was being defended by a couple of snakes...

"It does since my son decided to date her!" I glanced at Travis that gave the look of 'let them be' "Also, I have another message, but that one is waiting around the corner" I braced myself for what he was going to drag in, and saw something I never thought I'll see.

My drunk father.

Obviously, he was asleep, but that didn't change the fact that he was smelling like alcohol, his clothes were all wrinkled and dirty, or that Hermes was glaring at him like if he was the worst man on the planet. Well, Travis wasn't that further away either. Suddenly, it dawned me that I was suppose to decide what to do with him. I sighed, not really wanting to deal with this now.

"Do I have to decide now?" I wondered out loud, softly.

"Not technically..." Hermes admitted "I mean, I could transform him until you decide into a guinea pig, but that will only freak him out more when I transform him back..." I thought for a second, before glancing at Travis, who shrugged.

"Leave him on the balcony... I can't think right now..." I confessed. Hermes nodded and against everything I knew, he hugged me.

"I'm proud of you, Katie... Keep my boy on the good tracks..." he whispered and winked at me, before walking out the house.

"I'm dreaming all this, am I Travis?"

"Nope"

----

Hello, fan fiction lovers!

The first thing I'd like to do is to apologize for my absence last month... I had returned from a really horrible vacation with my family (Mom got sick, then me, horrible hotels and lame/forgetful attractions), I had no intentions of writing anything... After that, August became tougher and tougher and I proposed to catch up with all my stories and post first weekend of September...

Also, I'd like to wish a be-late Happy Back To School to the ones that already started. I've been on your shoes and I know school ain't easy or enjoyable sometimes, but it's a must...

Alright, enough with the sappy! We're here for something else! Stories! (Also, I'd like to address a reviewer's comment about reading my stories somewhere else. Yes. I have accounts in Wattpad, FanFiction, Quotev and Penana. I will have to update the last two, since the former two are my favorite ones. Anywhere else, IS NOT MINE)

Mortals, Meet... the In-Laws: 4 chapters! Clarisse, Katie, Travis and Lou meet their in-laws!

Characters, Meet... Characters: 4 chapters! Not even mentioning, you will discover it!

Percy Jackson, son of Chaos: 4 chapters plus Epilogue! (Proper thank you note there)

Mate?! Ain't Australian, Buddy!!: 4 chapters! I apologize for some of the plot, can be trigging or too violent for some readers...

IMPORTANT NEWS! The story Rise of Ouranos will be rewritten, as my collaborator LordNitro, decided not to continue with the story. I appreciate you all for you patience.

This will be all for this week! See you guys next Sunday!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses