Damien White/Tyche

I don't believe in luck.

I believe in karma and balance and sometimes, that karma and balance can and will hit you whenever you're least expecting it.

However, as the son of the goddess of balance and karma as Mom likes to be known, I'm always expecting it. Maybe I'm not ready for it all the time, but I try to be ready for everything and, if I know I'm forgetting something, I know that something related to that will happen.

Today, was one of those days that you better be ready for anything or the consequences would be a complete disaster.

I had a job interview.

I had prepared everything the previous night, hoping not to forget anything, when I'd wake up the next morning, everything will be perfect, or as perfect as it could be. My friend Chiara had passed by the day before, and with her clumsiness and good luck, I was able to make things happen a little more faster.

But Chiara wasn't with me today. Which is how it should be, but you always want a little of support before, right?

I woke up early and sighed at the fight that I would be having with my coffee maker machine, only to notice that today was working perfectly. I didn't think too much of that, so I started to use the available time to make myself some breakfast. That I always burn... which didn't happen this time. I frowned, knowing that I'd have a comeback at the shower.

Perfect temperature.

OK, something is definitely wrong today...

I showered as fast as humanly possible, dried myself and picked out the outfit for the day. I decided against sneakers, because it was a job interview, but, and since my dress shoes were hurtful as Hell, I wrapped my feet in bandages. It would keep my feet without blisters and it was more cheap than to spend an entire box of band-aids in a day.

I walked out of the house very early, knowing that the bus I had to take to the meeting place would take an eternity to arrive to the bus stop and to arrive to my destination, so I left with lots of time ahead of me.

However, the bus arrived the second I stepped into the bus stop.

It wasn't crowded.

I could sit comfortably.

I had AC as well.

~oOo~

During the entire trip, I kept my negative thinking, knowing everything could crumble down any second, not to mention that something could be wrong at the end of the day. Thanks to my negative thinking, the bus arrived not only on time, but almost an hour ahead for my interview! I congratulated myself for wanting to get out early, so I could sort all the pleasantries with time.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" the receptionist saw me the second I walked into the building.

"Good morning, I have an interview with, um, Mr. Gregson? I'm Damien White" I informed her. She nodded and checked a few things in her computer, before smiling at me.

"First time in the building?" I nodded, not sure what that meant, but I rather be honest "Pass this card over the slit there..." she handed me a card and explained, pointing "...and use the third elevator up to the 20th floor. That's Mr. Gregson's office..." I tried that my eyes didn't open in surprise. The man has an entire floor building for himself?! "He should be arriving anytime soon, so you can wait for him here or up there..."

"I rather go up, if you don't mind..." I told her, doing as she told me. I waited for the elevator and rode it, pressing the button of the floor. It was about to close when someone shouted.

"Stop it, please!" I opened the doors and a man in his late fifties walked in, a little out of breath. Just like me, he was wearing suit and dressing shoes, along with a briefcase "Thanks... It takes a long wait if you had left..."

"No problem..." I replied, opting to be polite with him. We remained in silence, me staring at the numbers going up on the screen.

"You have an interview today?"

"Uh, yes..." I acknowledged to him. He smirked and nodded.

"Just be yourself, it's the advice everyone gets around here..." he told me. I nodded, for the gods know how many times today and heard the 'ding' of the twentieth floor. When the doors opened, the man allowed me to walk out first. A little baffled, I did, only to be followed by him too! My eyes did opened this time. I was riding the lift with my possible-future boss!

"Morning, Mr. Gregson!" a woman, probably a secretary, greeted him "Your coffee is on your desk and I already prepared all the paperwork for today..."

"Lucy, I don't know what I'd do without you..." he praised her, earning a small blush from her "Do me a favor and make some coffee for this young man..." I was about to refuse, when the girl disappeared, probably to make the coffee "Please, sit and enjoy some refreshments... I'll be with you in five minutes, since you were responsible enough to present ahead of time..." With that being said, he walked into his office, humming a song.

"Here's your coffee, Damien. Black and with three of sugar, just like you like it..." the secretary, Lucy, handed me the coffee, making me frown.

"I never told you my name..."

"But Chiara did..." I looked at the girl, raising an eyebrow "Oh, and by the way, I reached a deal with your mother... You won't have repercussion for today's luck" she winked at me, leaving my with my coffee.

"OK, Mr. Damien White..." Mr. Gregson called me "Ready to start?" I didn't have to think a reply.

"Yes, sir"

----

Hello, boys and girls!

Welcome to November, everyone! I hope you had a great October and I would like to hear about your Halloween costumes! Of course, if you celebrate the holiday... Funny enough, Argentina doesn't celebrate Halloween to ask for candy but to an excuse to have costume parties and watch scary movies. However, in my neighborhood, several stores agreed on having a candy-ask thing, so all small kids were dressed up! It was cute and funny at the same time!

Anyway, you don't care about that! Let's move onto the stories!!

Mate?! Ain't Australian, Buddy!!: 1 chapter! It doesn't reveal much, but it gives an insight of some important things as well...

Mortals: Meet... the In-Laws: 2 chapters! After finding some inspiration and some demigods, I wrote you guys something for those who were asking for it...

Speaking of which, a big shout out to Ashuri Benturi (where have you been, girl? Welcome back, I missed your anonymous comments! They are so hard to reply...) who tried to help me continue Mortals: Meet... the In-Laws, but instead gave me a better idea that I have to line out... In other words, I'l slightly busy right now and you have to wait for it....

As for Character: Meet... Character, guys I'm seriously running out of ideas! Don't you guys know a good YA book (not written by John Green) to recommend so I can add? If not, say bye-bye to this story... which would make me sad...

I'll come back with more chapters next week!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses