Leila/Venus

I stared myself in the mirror and sighed, resigned.

I could never make my hair sit down straight.

I huffed in annoyance and dropped the brush on my bureau, angry with myself. Well, not angry at myself, more like frustrated with myself. I never cared how I looked before, but since I've been going out with Michael, things I thought weren't important, like my hair or if my face had a bruise from my last training, became a huge deal.

I had no better idea than tell Michael all this in our fifth date and he simply shrugged it away, saying that it's normal to feel conscious about appearance once in a while. He also admitted fighting with his hair (his hair is perfect!) for thirty minutes that same night before our date. I remember I chuckled and told him I didn't need him to look perfect.

Now, I'm frustrating myself over looking perfect for him. You would think that after the fifth date, none of this would matter, but it actually does. And it's a huge deal!

"I can't believe I'm getting myself worked up for my stupid hair!" I muttered to myself, pulling a handful of my hair softly.

"That would only make you human, dear" A voice behind me spoke and I immediately was on my guard. Which was a little funny, because I was with a nest by hair and my bathrobe as the only article of clothing on me. And my weapon was my brush.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" I demanded, not knowing who I was talking to. In front of me there was a woman, dressed in a white simple dress, with no more accessory than a golden belt. Her hair was as long as her chest and was delicately curled and dark raven. Her skin was marvelously, flawlessly and jealously tanned. Her eyes were forever changing "You- You-"

"I never expected that my son's date would render speechless" the woman chuckled and I blushed profoundly, embarrassed that I was caught in this way. Immediately, I kneeled down, even bowing my head "Oh, please, get up, Leila..."

"You- you know my name...?" I stammered, not even looking up. I only knew a bunch of demigods and legacies willingly enough to stand in front of the gods, but I wasn't that stupid!

"Leila, I didn't come to chastise you, I came here to help you. Now, get up!" I was compelled to follow the order and I got up, but kept my eyes down "Leila!" I looked up, in shock as the voice sounded a lot like my father's when he was bad at me. When I looked at her, finally, she smirked at me, gently "There... Now, what is the problem?"

"Pro-problem? There- there's no problem, MiLady..." I continued, obviously not knowing, or hoping I didn't, of what she was talking about. She simply pointed at my hair and my bathrobe "Oh! Well, in that case... I- I do have a problem..."

"Mortals have a saying 'Every problem has a solution. Except Death'" she quoted "Though, let me tell you, Thanatos isn't that cheerful about it..."

"Yes, Ma'am..." I replied, instantly. Damn, the legionary in me!

"Urgh, this dumb rules you Romans have!" she scowled and I stopped my tongue to argue back "Leila, sit down. I'll help you with you hair... And I'd like to give you some life advise too..." I took a seat back in front of my bureau, confused.

"Li-life advise, MiLady...?" I wondered, watching how her hands began moving in my hair like if it was made of silk. She nodded, finally grabbing the brush off my hand and combing my hair.

"Yes, you Romans don't seem to think for yourself, sometimes following the loudest voice like a herd follows a cow..." Her analogy was a little shocking, but I decided to be quiet "Though, and I know it will sound a little shocking, I understand your need for rules, but do you think rules need to protect those who do wrong?"

"Of course not!" I said, outraged "Rules protect us from falling into chaos and-"

"-and they help you keep your personal interests above the ones from the few?" I blushed, remembering how that thought kept us from making judgement when we went to war last time "I'd hate to compare you with the Greeks, but sometimes a little Chaos is useful..." I grumbled. I liked the Greeks, but being compared to them... was a whole different story.

"What do you want from me, MiLady?" I forced out the 'MiLady' and she noticed. I think.

"I'm here, against the rules, because I think that you can help Michael to see that he can be a great leader, under Reyna and Frank's leadership... Also, I'd hate to see him follow blind orders like before..." The hidden warning was there and, if that wasn't enough, the pull from my hair was warning enough.

"He'd changed much since then..." I defended him, frowning. I was paying little attention to my hair, or what she was doing with it, but I hoped it looked good.

"I know and he's in the good path..." she agreed, placing the brush down. In front of me, I couldn't recognized the woman that was seated next to the most beautiful woman in the world in the mirror. I mean, that girl didn't look like me and, when did she put make up on? "Remember, just because Romans follow orders doesn't mean that you cannot follow your heart. Most of the most selfish and irrational acts were done because it was the right thing and not the easy one..."

"How do you know so much about this?" I turned to look at her, surprised. She smirked at me.

"Well, love and war are only a thin step away... The rules are simple, you just have to choose..." With that, she turned around and disappeared from my room. I sat there, pondering her words while getting dress for my date.

----

Hello, guys

First of all, i want to apologize for not posting last Sunday. You see, last Sunday was my grandfather's birthday and it was held at home, so I was greeting guests all day. By the time the party ended, I had to clean up all the mess and I was tired. I know it's not excuse, but it's the truth.

Also, since Monday midday till this morning I was without power. And no power means no wifi nor electricity. Which is why I'm posting today.

I'll be posting today 3 chapters of Mortals: Meet... the In-Laws (had it a little forgotten!), 1 chapter of Percy Jackson, son of Chaos and the final 7 chapters of Mortals: Meet... 2 (last chapter will have its own emotional goodbye note).

I remind you that you have time till next Wednesday to vote on my next story, here or in my in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/SilverHuntresses/posts (your choice).

Also, I want to let you know that I'll update my Quotev.com and Penana sites (I have them a little forgotten). Once I do, I'll post a post (;p) with all my sites so you can check them out.

Signing out!
xoxo, SilverHuntresses