[edited] 2 + onsdag

✮✮✮

NOVEMBER 18 2015
onsdag 8.15

  "Papa?" Elli stepped out from behind the kitchen wall. At her words, her father, who was seated in a chair by the window, pulled his head up with angry speed. It wasn't often Elli spoke to her father without being spoken to first.
   "What do you want?" His voice was disinterested.
   Ellinor pointed to her face. "I don't think I can go to school today." Her eye and cheek were decorated richly with red, purple and yellow bruises.
   Her father scoffed. "I give you so much money for makeup and you can't even cover a little bruise!"
   Elli wanted to shout at him, tell him it was far from a little bruise, and that she wouldn't have to cover anything if he kept his hands to himself. Instead, she spoke calmly, "I tried covering it, but it didn't work. I've been trying for half and hour."
   He looked angry, but his tone was bored. "Fine. You can stay here today, but I expect some showing of work today by the time I get home. Your mother was complaining about the kitchen, so bake something nice, then clean it."
   "Okay."
   "And Ellinor? You'll have to go to school tomorrow, so make sure you tell everyone you fell over, or something."

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮