christmas eve + torsdag

DEC 24 2015

'What if they don't like me?' Elli whimpered.
'Don't be stupid!' said Runa, 'Why wouldn't they like you! You're an awesome human being.'
'Yeah, but...'
'But what?' Runa demanded.
'Like, I don't know, won't they think I'm some teenage delinquent who ran away from home and is now living with her boyfriend?' Elli was worried.
'No they won't! We've told them about you, how you and Chris are really good friends-'
Elli shuddered. Ever so slightly.
'- and that your a top student and an awesome chick who has made all our lives better!
''All your lives'?'
'Ja!'

AT ASPORN THAI

   'You realise it's been exactly six weeks since we were last here? Taking Instagram photos and wearing sleeveless shirts...'
   'Ja? Really? I didn't think it was that long... Time seems to have sped up all of a sudden...' Isak mumbled.
   'Yeah,' Elli chuckled, 'It feels like it's only been, like, 30 days or something since this 'journey' of mine began.'
   'Okay... You been drinking Elli?'
   'Nei! Why?'
   'No reason...' Isak returned to his food.
   'Oh, Shit!' Elli exclaimed looking down at the spilt food on her parka.
   'Oh,' Isak stood up, 'Come on, take that off.' He suggested sweetly. Elli flinched.
   'It's way too cold to do that!'
   'We're inside?'
   'Nei!' Elli rejected Isaks attempt at taking the clothing off her, 'Just leave it Isak! I mean it!'

--

   Later that night, Isak lay in bed, thinking about Elli.
   'Why was she so defensive?'
   'Did it have anything to do with her previous rambling?
   'Anything thing to do with her dad?'
   'Was she trying to cover up physical marks?'
   'Mental marks?'
   'Was it the action of removing clothes that disrupted her?'
   'Did her dad ever-'
   No. He decided. He wouldn't go there. He couldn't think of someone doing that. He could ignore it.

   Like he had ignored all the other signs.

published: 2.feb.2017