new years day + fredag (part 2)

JAN 1 2016

{9.30}

   Elli woke up on William Magnusson's couch.
   Bewildered, she analysed the situation; the house was clean and quiet, William was passed out on the floor. Her drunken mind tried to make sense of the situation. She had partied hard last night at some house, not Williams, Chris had been there, he wasn't there now. Slowly, as to save her energy, she pulled herself up off the couch she had been on. She made her way over to William.
   'William?' She said softly, nudging his limp body with her petite foot. He didn't move. She nudged a bit harder. He didn't move. She bent down and flipped him over.
   'Fuck!' She exclaimed, seeing his battered and bruised face. Her heart was racing, her mouth dry, on instinct she checked his pulse. There was a steady beat, relief flooded through her rigid form.
   'William!' She shouted at him, gaining no response. She ran over to the landline phone on the kitchen bench and dialled the emergency number, her eyes glued to her friends unresponsive body.
   She didn't even notice the injuries she had sustained herself.

--

   'Hello?'
   'Hello, emergency services, Oslo?
   'Ja, ja... My friend is unconscious, uh, he's all beaten up -- non responsive, pulse steady though... I don't know what happened... We were both drunk...'
   'Okay, do you have any more information?'
   'Nei.'
   'Okay, we will send paramedics immediately. Address?'
   'Ja, thanks, it's ...'
   'Okay, thank you. Medical assistance will arrive shortly.'

--

   Elli sat herself down on a kitchen stool, feeling helpless. She wanted to call Chris but she couldn't find her phone. She wanted answers, to know what happened last night. She wanted Isak, pure and sweet Isak who would engulf her in a hug that could heal more than stitches.
   Elli didn't even notice her eyes shutting as she faded into unconsciousness, slipping from her chair, landing with a damaging thud on the ground below.

--

   Voices moved around her.

--

   Light was shown into her eyes. Her eyelids were lifted involuntarily.

--

   Her abdomen hurt.

--

   Anaesthesia ran into her blood, numbing her limited senses.

--

   The unfamiliar smell of hospital sanitation blew through her nostrils.

--

   'Elli?'

--

   Asta's soothing voice flooded her ear ways.

--

   'What the fuck happened?'

--

   She could almost see Chris running her hands through his hair in distraught.

--

   Where was William?

--