4 + tirsdag (part 2)

DEC 1 2015

Asta Schistad didn't know what to do.

After hearing Chris' desperation when explaining the circumstances, she knew it must be serious. However, it wasn't an area she was overly familiar with; she had a run in with her ex husband once, but she had immediately terminated the marriage following it, so she couldn't imagine a teenage girl going through her whole life with it, her father being the abuser.

Nevertheless, there were obvious actions Asta (as a mother) would have to take, so after settling Chris down and instructing him to make some tea, she moved into the other room.

First things first, she had to console the girl. It took a lot of soothing tones and gentle assuring but eventually, Elli trusted the woman enough to speak with her.

Trying to prioritise, Asta first asked her if there was anyone else in her household who was in the same (or similar) situation, in danger that is. When it was confirmed that Elli was the only one affected, Asta moved on to the next matter.

'Are there any very serious injuries that need proper medical care?' She had asked, in which Elli had told her she presumed she had a few broken ribs. Asta was thankful, as she knew broken ribs were pretty fast healing and didn't require any medical professionals, usually. Things were going well for the most part, between the two, until Asta pushed Elli for more information on what had happened tonight that Elli cracked it.

'I ran from home! I'm fine. I have to go though, where's Chris? I need his phone...' She had exclaimed, standing up, revealing a large amount of skin that was formerly covered by her coat. Thoughts began to form in Asta's head.

'Okay,' She said softly, 'I will sort things out okay, don't worry.'

HALF AN HOUR LATER

The three residents sat around their kitchen island, lit by the only light on in the large room, above their heads. Asta had organised for Elli to stay, it had taken a while to get Elli to understand she was safer here than on the streets, but once she did, the girls mood instantly calmed. So whilst Elli was in the shower, washing up and getting changed into some of Runa's clean sweats, the guest room had been made up and a small amount of food prepared.

But now, as the family sat together, did the situation really sink in. They weren't victims, at all, but all their sympathy went for the girl, and it was draining. For Chris though, he felt foolish and stupid, having not acted enough on his suspicions... Having not seen the obvious signs...

His mood was lifted though, immediately, when a Elli emerged from the tea room; all her cuts had been covered with transparent glazed medical tape which immediately made her look cleaner, she was dressed in a thick white sweater, loose grey sweats that clung to her petite ankles and warm black socks. Her hair curled slightly around her face, framing it like a smooth, freckled canvas. She look like a warrior, in modern day, yet fragile and stretched thin at the time. She glowed with a sort of mythological beauty, and Chris couldn't help but stare.

--

When Elli entered, feeling, ironically, the best she had in months, her eyes drew to Chris. He was sitting with his head bowed, his hair falling messily onto his cheeks. When he looked up Elli couldn't read his expression, but she noticed the redness on his cheeks that would be otherwise normal in the Norwegian cold, but inside, could be recognised as a blush.

Her eyes soon averted from the males stare and fell on Runa and Asta, she gave them a weak smile and murmured a gracious thank you before sitting herself down in the empty seat beside Chris.

'Cheese sandwich?' Chris asked, holding a plate to her. Elli nodded her head and took the plate. The other three began eating theirs as to make Elli feel comfortable, the girl recognised this and smiled to herself before bringing the food to her mouth.

After about twenty minutes of eating and light conversation -- that avoided any possible triggers -- Elli felt her eyelids beginning to droop. Chris, noticing, stood up and began to lead the girl to the guest room, but after seeing her pained limp and the suggesting look in his mothers eyes, swept her up into his arms and began walking towards the hall.

'Déjà vu...' Elli mumbled with a small smile.

'Yeah?' Chris said softly, looking down at the girl.

'Yeah...' She murmured again, falling asleep.

With a sigh, Chris walked into the pristine guest room (that was all made up by Runa, including a water bottle and a stack of fashion magazines on the bedside table) and lay the sleeping girl down on the soft sheets, tucking the covers gently over her before leaving her peacefully sleeping; safe and sound.

|+-+|

|+-+|

published: 23.jan.2017