5 + mandag

DEC 7 2015

When Elli woke up Monday morning the sun had barely risen. It was a peaceful awakening --like all hers had been in the care of the Schistad's.

Her body was so comfortably warm underneath her heavy covers it physically pained her to remove them, once out of the comfort of her bed she made her way over to the table on the west side of her room where Runa had lay out some clothes, Elli examined them for a moment before gathering them in her arms and heading to the bathroom to shower and change.

--

Elli looked at her reflection in the mirror, her face was fresh and clear of any makeup, she had pulled her dark hair up in a high, messy ponytail that drew attention to her defined cheekbones. Her tall figure was complimented by tight black jeans that worked well with an oversized grey sweater. She wore a plaid maroon scarf that looked about a hundred dollars and a pair of overly popular Adidas All Stars. She looked pretty regular, but her striking features (eyes, legs, height and eyebrows) would make her stand out among her peers.

Feeling confident and prepared to start fresh, she grabbed her pre-packed, low hanging backpack and made her way to the kitchen. She was the first one out, which was expected as Chris liked to sleep in and Asta and Runa didn't begin work until mid afternoon.

She decided to make breakfast.
It wasn't much, just toast and fruit, but both Chris and her could never eat much in the morning. It was odd how much the pair had gotten to know each other in the limited time they had been living together, odd that before last week Elli didn't even know he had a sister and now she knew his appetite.

--

Seeing William boosted Elli's confidence.

He was the first person she had seen (and been in contact with) since she moved, it was a big step, oddly, but wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking as the girl feared it would be. Upon seeing her William broke out in a wide grin and gave her a big hug, something he hadn't really done before. It made her feel welcome, which she was sure was Williams purpose.

The drive to Nissen was short, unfamiliar and pleasant, the trio talked the whole way. It was a comfortable group to start her day with.

--

When Williams USD$110,300 car pulled up outside of Elli's new school she immediately noticed how many student's eyes drew to them, they couldn't see who was in the car due to the tinted windows, but they still stared.

'Is this a regular thing?' Elli asked, 'People looking?'

'Ja,' Chris smirked, 'And they don't even know you're in the car.' Chris got out of the car and pulled Elli's door open for her. She nodded a quick thanks and pulled her self up from the seat, if only there was some badass music and slow motion shit right now, she felt Chris' hand go to the lower dip in her back, it was a nice gesture but uncharacteristic. Elli felt as though it was more for the public than for her, almost a way of 'claiming' her as his, not that he had any right too... But she didn't argue.

Suddenly, and unexpectedly, she was swept up into a tight hug that lifted her off her feet. She couldn't see his face as hers was smashed into his neck but she could tell by the way his body felt against hers and smell of his cologne that it was Isak Valtersen that had bowled into her. When he set her down she immediately felt self conscious, she was sure if people weren't looking when she got out of the car they certainly were now.

'How are you?' Isak asked, looking down at the slightly shorter female. Elli took a deep breath.

'Ja, good...' Elli exhaled, Isak smiled then focused on something behind her, Chris, who gave a curt nod to the first year. Without second thought, Isak swept Elli away.

--

'Noora!' Elli exclaimed, spotting the girl of whom she was probably closest too. Noora's shock couldn't cover up the unexpected happiness that glinted in the blonde's eyes. The two hugged and had a quick chat before Noora introduced her to everyone, most she had already met.

--

'Are you dating Penetrator Chris?' Vilde asked rather rudely, receiving glares from her friends. Elli, however, simply chuckled.

'Nei, Vilde!' She replied sweetly. Sana took over questioning.

'But you were involved with him, then you disappeared, now out of the blue you show up to school with him. Show up to school as a new student that no one knew about!' Sana ran off topic a bit, but it didn't bother Elli. It was the way she handled herself in situations like these that made people like her so much.

'Ja... I live with him at the moment,' Vilde gasped, 'But we're not going out...' Elli assured.

'Why do you live with him?' Eva asked innocently, trying to hide her confusion and mild disapproval.

'We are family friends,' Elli lied, 'I kind of wanted a change of scenery, I guess... Elvebakken is pretty boring anyway, so...'

--

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. Some people talked to her, but most just goggled. She knew she was drawing attention to herself by hanging out with so many boys, but it couldn't bring her mood down. Her classes were easy, like they always were for her and all the teachers liked her.

It was a perfect way to start.

A fresh start, a new life --a better one at that.

published: 27.jan.2017