Forgetful x2

Odell
I'm at LAX getting ready to go back home to NYC since my offseason is coming to an end. I've checked my bags in and I'm going through security right now.

As I'm taking off my shoes,belt,chain,and etc. I notice a familiar face going though security right next to me.

"It's like he's haunting me for somethin" I mumble seeing steph. The guy collecting my stuff in the little bin looks at me funny. "Thinkin out loud" I say and he nods.

I remove all the necessary things and walk into the little scanner. I get cleared and begin to put my shoes back on and collect my belongings.

I walk over to the waiting area where there's a lot but not too many people which is surprising because LAX is always busy.

I take a seat and begin to just go through my social media as I wait for my flight to be called.

As I'm doing so I hear some type of arguing or something. I look up and notice it's Stephen and...Kassie.

It was obvious from the expression on his face he was upset and she looked confused. She's leaning against the wall and he's standing right in front of her.

I would love to go over there and just listen but that would be a bit much. I'm surprised no one else is noticing because they're right there but almost everyone is asleep or listening to music.

They start getting a little louder and so I can start to hear what's being said.

"You keep playin with me and I don't think I can take it any longer" Stephen says.

That must've been what Jordan had been talking about a couple weeks ago.

"What're you talking about? How am I playing you?" She whisper shouts. "You know how much I love you and you keep wanting to take "breaks" every time I feel like we're in a good space"

There's no response.

"We've been together for six years Kasandra,I'm not with you just to be with you I want to marry you and start a family with you but I'm questioning if you even feel the same way" Stephen continues.

There's again no response. "I guess that's your answer,huh? Okay" Stephen nods and begins to walk away but Kasandra takes his hand stopping him.

"Baby wait,I don't want it to end like this" she pleads. "Then answer me because I feel like I'm trying on something that's already ended"

"Of course I want to marry you but now just isn't the time because then you'll probably want to start a family and my career is a priority for me" she explains to him.

"I support you and your work we both know you'd be able to balance family and work but I think it's deeper than that,you don't love me as much as you think" Stephen says.

Damn. That had to be a hard pill to swallow.

There's a silence again and she looks down. "I guess,I'm sorry"

"It's alright it hurts but it's the truth I felt it and you felt it,I just wanted you to be honest with me,i guess this is the end then" Stephen says in a softer tone embracing her in a hug.

She begins to sob as they hug but probably since they're really ending their relationship for good I'm guessing.

This is why I don't do long term relationships your heart gets played with too much.

"I better go,I love you,alright?" Stephen says as he pulls away a little bit. Kassie looks up at him and nods wiping some tears from her face.

"I love you too" she responds.

I'm confused as hell right now. They're saying I love you yet they just broke up? This is some bull.

They give each other a somewhat long kiss that I chose not to watch and Stephen leaves.

Kassie then walks over and sits at the seats across from me. I slightly panic because I haven't seen her in a while so I don't know if she'll even recognize me.

She has her head in her hand and sighs. She then gets her phone out and starts calling someone.

She sits back and I'm able to really view her face clearly. She looks around the room as she's scanning the room waiting for whoever she's calling to answer.

Our eyes meet and I slightly get a bit nervous but she just gives me a small smile and I return it. She really didn't recognize me.

She then returns to focus on her phone.

"Hey ma" she says.

"Yeah I'm at the airport Steph brought Me"

"Yeah I he's good but we just broke up" she says running her fingers through her hair.

"No we're actually done for real this time" she says. "Yes I know but dads going to have to get over it" she laughs a bit.

"I'm okay it's just we were together for so long and it's hard to let him go like that"

"Haha yeah no more basketball players,there's still football though..just kidding they can be ignorant as hell" she says.

Our flight is then called for passengers to board the plane. "Okay ma I got to go I'll call you later when I get the chance" she says and hangs up.

I get up and go into the little line where they check your I.D and boarding pass. Right behind me is Kassie.

I get my stuff checked and then begun to go down the pathway connected to the plane and I get in my little pod in first class.

She sits in the one right in front of me. She opens the little shelf type thing where you can place any small bags you brought. She wasn't able to reach so she looks over to me.

"Excuse me sir would you be able to help me with putting my bag up there?" She asks me politely.

She really really didn't even know who I was.

"Yeah sure" I say and I help her get her stuff in the shelf. "Thank you" she smiles at me "no problem" I say and we both go back into our little pods.

Either she knows it's me and she's pretending or she really doesn't recognize me at all.
--
Vote and comment❤️