Chapter 44

Narrator's pov

They don't remember

Yunii can tell from the confused look in their eyes. They honestly do not remember what they did or why she is acting this way. To them, she seems crazy or delusional. To them, they believe that they would never hurt her, so her sudden fear confuses them. Yunii has already forgiven them for what they did, or what they almost did. They are like her family. She knows that they weren't in their right mind and didn't mean any harm, but that doesn't make what happened go away. She's scared-no, she's absolutely terrified. She can't look at them without remember her fear and her desperation to get away from them. She can't help but remember the look in their eyes when they had held her down.

She shudders slightly and Jimin notices, him moving to the side so that he is more in front of her than before. He doesn't exactly know why, but he feels really protective of her all of a sudden. He feels obligated to protect her from anything that may want to harm her in any way. Bambam's eyes follow the movement, his eyebrows creasing a little in confusion.

"Whatever we did must have been bad if Jimin is protecting you from us."

Yunii stiffens as Jimin's back muscles tense from beneath her hands, his hands balling into fists at his sides.

"Yeah. It was."

Jungkook looks like he is about to cry, his bottom lip trembling as he takes a cautious step towards her. She stumbles back in her haste to back away from him, pulling Jimin along with her by his shirt. That alone makes the maknae stop in the action, his lips parting in disappointment. Disappointment in himself for whatever he had done to make her so scared of him.

"What did I do hyung?"

His voice is clipped as he asks the question aloud, his eyes facing towards the floor so that he doesn't have to see the fear coloring Yunii's face anymore. He doesn't want to know what happened, but there is no avoiding it now. Something happened between the three of them, and he needs to know what it was if it drew this kind of reaction. Jimin's gaze softens at the desperate tone in Jungkook's voice, his empathy hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"I woke up because Yunii screamed my name, so I went to her room to see if she was ok. I.....I found her without a shirt on, the two of you pinning her arms and legs down on her bed."

The whole house is silent after that. The rest of the guys stare at each other in shock and disbelief, their eyes as wide as their mouths. They would have never thought that the two youngest would ever do such a thing to someone they both obviously care about. Jin looks the most distraught, his hand covering his mouth in shock as he tries to stop himself from having the panic attack that he can feel coming on.

"I did that?"

Bambam looks at Yunii for confirmation, not wanting to believe what has just been said. He wants this whole thing to be a dream or some sick prank that everyone decided to pull on him. He doesn't want this to be true. He gets all the confirmation he needs at Yunii's sad look, his head hanging down in shame. He knows that if it were him who was almost violated, what he did would be unforgivable. He knows that Yunii is someone who is quick to forgive and forget, she just needs time to heal.

Jungkook is taking it the worst. Everyone seems to jump in fright as he sobs, the motion constricting his chest as he tries to get oxygen into his lungs. His face is contorted in disgust for himself and for what he almost did, his self-loathing hitting him hard and almost knocking him to the ground. There isn't a dry eye in the house as they watch the scene unfold, Yunii's heart braking at the sight of his distraught face.

"I'm sorry noona."

She can't help the little bit of fear she still holds, even though she has grown to care for the boy with all of her heart. He is like a little brother to her, so seeing him in so much emotional pain and turmoil is hard for her. He sees her as a sister of sorts as well, always able to find comfort in her presence. He needs her right now. He always goes to her when he is hurting, and he doesn't want this to be an exception. He takes a step forward, as if to go up to her and embrace her, but an arm stops him.

Bambam doesn't even look at him as he urges the sobbing member to stay where he is. He shakes his head slightly before pulling him away from Yunii, a single tear sliding down his cheek lightly and falling onto the ground. He has to physically pull Jungkook away from the crying girl, knowing that she doesn't want to see them right now.

It is hard. It's hard for Yunii to have to watch her friends cry and not have it in her to comfort them. It's hard for her to have to live through her prior experience with rape and try not to compare Jungkook and Bambam to her high school boyfriend. It's hard for the guys to know that they could have hurt one of their best friends. It's hard for them to live with the guilt of knowing that they could have hurt her more than they have ever hurt anyone in their lives.

They get out of sight and Jimin turns around, concern coloring his eyes. He doesn't like the sight of the tears streaming down her face, his hands wiping at them gently.

"Yunii? Are you going to be ok?"

She breathes in deep and nods her head, her eyes closing as he wraps his arms around her. She can't help but bury her face into his broad chest, her body relaxing as his warmth envelopes her. They stand like that for a while, rocking back and forth in a soothing rhythm, letting the world temporarily fade away.