Chapter 45

It's been four long months of no contact from Jungkook or Bambam. I didn't mean for it to take this long, but I can't exactly help it. I was terrified, I still kind of am. Not as much as I was before though. I think it has to do with the fact that I consider those two as family. I can't stay scared of them forever, but it has taken some time for me to get over it. I don't want to be scared of them either, which led to me trying even harder than I did the first time it actually happened.

I laugh as Hoseok makes another funny face, my eyes watering from how much I have been laughing this morning. Jimin sits on the other side of me, a protective arm resting against mine. He has been really supportive of me throughout these four months, making sure that he is always around for me. Even Mi hasn't been over as often because he pretty much ignores her whenever she is around. I think this whole situation scared him into thinking that he needs to be there for me. He doesn't need to, but I'm not complaining about it at all.

"Ok ok I've got one."

I turn to look at Jimin as he grins over at me, his eyes glowing with happiness.

"What?" Jin asks, leaning forward in his seat. He loves jokes, so he has been the most excited throughout this whole session.

"What do dinosaurs do when there is an earthquake?"

I crinkle my eyebrows in confusion, not knowing what he is talking about.

"I don't know Jimin. What do they do?" Taehyung asks, his mouth hanging open as he tries to figure out the answer by himself. I watch as Jimin chuckles, his smile widening at whatever is going on in his head.

"They fall, fall, fall."

He cracks up laughing after he sings a little of their song, his eyes shutting as he giggles maniacally. I can't help but laugh as well at his lame attempt at a joke, just happy to see him so happy. He looks at me laughing and smiles wider, obviously happy that someone here found his joke funny. There is no way I'm going to tell him that I'm laughing at him and not at what he said.

"That wasn't even funny" Namjoon says while Yoongi agrees beside him. I chuckle softly as Jimin frowns, putting his head in his hands as he pretends to cry.

"You don't understand my humor!" he yells jokingly, his laughter making it hard to take him seriously. I pat his back comfortingly and he looks up at me, a smile on his face. I'm glad that we have gotten closer because his smile brightens my day. There is a sudden movement in the doorway, a startled gasp making us all turn our heads in surprise and curiosity. I gulp as Jungkook looks at me, his eyes wide as he freezes in his spot. Jimin immediately wraps a protective arm around my shoulders, no doubt glaring heatedly at the poor boy.

I know that he has already grown tired of being mad at him from the way his eyes grow sad whoever Jungkook enters the room. He is just doing it to make me feel safe and supported, and it's time to stop. I know that it might ruin my chances with him being nice to me, but I can't stand seeing Jungkook so sad and cast out all of the time when he is around me anymore.

"I-I'm sorry. I d-didn't realize that.....I didn't m-mean to.....I'll just g-go."

My heart breaks at the waver in his voice, his sadness evident in his voice. He backs up hastily, tripping over the chord to the the tv in his hurry to get out of the room. I stand in worry as he falls, wanting to make sure that he is ok. He stands and brushes off his hyungs as they try and help him up, the tears in his eyes unmistakable. I can't do this anymore. I can't watch him hurt because I won't talk to him. I feel like I can be with him without worrying now because being without my two best friends has been torture for me. I'll have to call Bambam later today.

I rush after Jungkook as he walks out, running up the stairs two at a time in order to make it to his room. I get their right before the door closes, his eyes widening when he sees that it is me running after him.

"Yunii I-I-I......."

I hug him as his tears start to fall, pulling him over to his bed. His body shakes from the sobs, his face pressed into the crook of my neck. His arms are wrapped around me tightly, as if afraid that I might let go too soon. As if he is afraid that this is just a dream and he will wake up scared and alone in a few minutes. Hearing and seeing him cry makes me want to break down into tears, but I won't. I will stay strong for Jungkook right now. I needed it when I had been so scared I thought I would never be able to see him again. Now, he needs it.

I stroke his back comfortingly as we rock back and forth, his sobs growing softer and less intense the longer this goes on. I whisper soothing words into his ear so that he can calm down, my eyes clenched shut as I revel in his familiar touch. I had missed him so much. He calms down and pulls away to look up at me, his watery eyes causing my heart to hurt and my throat to get clogged up with emotion.

"I'm so sorry Yunii" he whispers, his voice appearing broken and small. It's like he's a little kid that just got yelled at by his mother. I softly kiss his cheek and wipe the leftover tears off of his face, my eyes softening as I smile slightly.

"I know Jungkook. I forgive you."