Chapter Eight

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Eight
Rose's Pov
________________

Sunday flew by quickly.

I was honestly not ready for Monday. I would much rather stay home in my bed and watch Vampire Diaries all day. My mom wasn't having it though... So I took my ass to school.

I knew I should've stayed home when a couple of guys came up to me and held out money and asked me for a dance.

"How about a dance?" The guy with short choppy burnett hair said with a smirk on his face as he held out a twenty dollar bill to me.

"Yeah, we want the same one Jayden got," a boy with curly red hair and a face covered in freckles laughed.

I smiled at them, faking my interest, "Okay," my tone was husky and sultry.

They smiled at me, full of surprise and hope. "What? Are you serious?" The brunette asked.

I took the money and put it in my bra. Watching their eyes shift to my boobs, I smiled. "Go play in traffic. Thanks for the money though."

I walked away, leaving them dumbfounded. I couldn't get away from them fast enough. That interaction gained the attention of other students who no doubt either seen or heard about the show Jayden and I put on on Saturday.

Speaking of the devil, Just as I was about to round the corner so was he. I glared at him.

"Did I just see you take their money?" Jayden asked me, ignoring the glare that I was giving him.

"Yes, I did. They think I'm some kind of stripper thanks to you..."

"How's that my fault?" He asked, "You know what I think?"

I gasped faking like I was surprised, "You think?!"

"God, I hate you..." He shook his head at me.

"The feeling is mutual love," I rolled my eyes.

And with that, I walked away and met up with Sky at her locker. Today was just going to be one of those days.

______________

Once morning classes were over and I could finally dump some of these books in my locker, I felt like jumping for Joy. Half the day had gone by in a flash, which is so rare for a Monday.

I shot out a text to Sky to see where she is.

Me
Girl where are you? I'm waiting at our lockers for you.

A moment goes by. Sky didn't even open my text yet. I sighed and shot out another one.

Me
I'm going to lunch. Text me to let me know your okay. Love you 😘

I worried my bottom lip as I debated with myself to call her or not, when I heard someone shout, "Aye, babe!" I spun around to see Ryan walking towards me with his football friends, including Jayden.

Sometimes I hate that they are friends. It just meant that no matter how hard I tried to ignore Jayden and keep my distance, he was always there, always around!

"Hey babe," Ryan kissed my cheek.

I couldn't help but notice Jayden's eyebrows furrowed as he watched Ryan kiss me. I wondered what was so confusing about that. We did this every day.

"Sitting with me at lunch?" Ryan asked.

"Don't I always?" I shrugged.

To be honest, I wasn't really in the mood for him today. I'm still very annoyed with him about Saturday. At some point, I know that I'm going to have to acknowledge the cheating allegations, but I want us to be alone when I do it. His answer will determine whether or not we can stay together.