🌻Chapter Forty-One🌻The Funeral

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌻JAYDEN POV🌻

Thursday, February 20th, 2014, at 3:57am Ryan passed away.

Even through all the tears and sadness I couldn't help but feel a certain feeling of relief. I felt like he was finally okay. Like he could find some kind of peace wherever he was now.

It's been 3 days since his passing and Rose has been going crazy. She has organized a candle light ceremony at school today. Everyone put flowers around his picture and said some nice things.

Like I said, he wasn't always a dick... Just this last year, he wasn't himself.

"Ryan was... an interesting guy. I can't remember ever having a bad time with him" one girl said before she laid her flower down.

"Ryan was my buddy. I can't believe he's gone... I remember one time when I was throwing a party and my speakers broke so we used the sound system in his car. He was always up for a good time. . I'm gonna miss you bro" one of the guys on the football team said.

Once no one else stepped up to say anything, Rose stepped did.

"Thank you everyone for participating. Ryan loved this school and everyone in it. This last year we all knew he changed from the guy who used to always smiled, laughed, joked, partied, played football and help people. Last year dragged, somewhere along the way he got lost. He wouldn't want us to be sad. He'd want us to party in his honor. I know he's looking down on all of us right now roasting us all" she joked and everyone laughed because it's probably true.

She was smiling but it was so fake. Anybody who really knew her, could see that.

"He's probably really happy to see us all together celebrating him. I hope he can feel our love and find some peace where he is... Rest in peace Ryan." She finished.

Everyone sat their candle down around his picture.

This entire thing was incredibly sad. Students and teachers we crying, praying hugging each other.

Rose approached me with teary eyes.

"You okay?" I asked hugging her.

Dumb question, of course she isn't.

"Of course", she sniffed and wiped her face. "I have to hand these out to people", she pulled away from me.

"Rose", I wanted her to slow down for a second.

"I'll be back", she quickly walked away.

There she goes again... She had a bad habit of walking away whenever something was too much for her. She's always done that, even in arguments...

I let her do it for now because I knew that she just needed to keep herself busy. This is her way of dealing with all of this.

Ryan was our friend sure but Rose dated him for almost two years... She knew him better then any of us. Yeah he treated her like shit the last couple months of their relationship but in the beginning, he treated her like a queen. The drugs made him careless of the people around him. She didn't realized that's why he changed until that night he appeared at her house... It all made sense to her after that. So she forgave him.

So yeah, she's taking this a lot harder than shes letting on.

"She's still kinda avoiding you?" Sky asked me.

I folded my arms across my chest. "Yeah kinda. She just keeps walking away from me".

"Don't take it personally Jayden. You know walking away is her thing. She's always been that way", she assured me. "Plus, I think keeping herself busy is her way of dealing, ya know?"