Chapter Nine, Storm part One

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Nine
Storm, Part One
Rose's Pov
_________________

It's dark and rainy and I mean it's really coming down out here!

And guess who has to walk home in it? Me... All I had on was a sweater and a hood covering my hair...

I was freezing. The pushing and the impact of the wind almost knocked me over a few times. Thunder boomed from the dark gray sky as the rain came pouring down on me violently.

I decided to run towards the park, towards safety. There was a gazbo I could stay dry under while I called my parents to come and get me.

"Mom?" I yelled into the phone. "Ma, can you hear me?"

"I can hear you, Rose! Where are you?" She asked worriedly.

"Can you pick me up? I'm at the park! I got caught in the storm!"

"They're not letting us on the roads, honey! I'm stuck at work!"

"This is crazy! I can tell it's gonna get even worse, I wanna get home before it does! Have you spoken to dad?"

"Yeah, your dad's okay! He's stuck at work too! Listen to me! I want you to get home as fast as you can, okay?"

"Okay. I will!"

"Alright, stay away from the windows, okay?"

"Away from the windows! Got it!"

"Alright! I love you!"

"I love you too, Ma!"

I saw headlights shine through the thick curtain of rain. The car speedily approached the park and parked. I hung up the phone with my mom but kept my phone in my hand just to be safe. The car stopped and someone got out of it and started to jog towards me. To say I was scared would be an understatement! I nearly had a heart attack when the tall, burly figure approached me.

"Rose?"

"Jayden?"

"Yeah, it's me!"

"You scared the hell out of me! I thought you were some creep!" I confessed as I punched him in his arm.

"Cause you're a big baby!" He wiped the rain off of his face.

He had nothing but his green and black varsity jacket on. No hoodie or umbrella, so his hair was soaking wet. The rain dripped down his face in a dramatic, The Notebook, kind of way. It's kinda cute, actually...

Ew. Now I feel very dirty for thinking that... I thought to myself.

"You wanna ride or what?" He impatiently asked.

"Yes!" I'd ride with Lucifer if it meant getting out of this storm.

"Come on then!" We ran to the car he emanated from, and to my surprise, he opened the passenger side door for me and I got in.

Acts of a gentleman, which Is something I'd never expect from him. He closed the car door, ran around to the driver's side, and got in as well. Warmth automatically embraced me and I welcomed it. Then it hit me, Jayden's driving this car... Just yesterday he was walking to school with me.

"What'd you do, steal someone's car?" I half joked.

He rolled his eyes, "No, dummy."

"Who's car is this?"

"It's mine."

"Where'd you get it?"

"Early birthday present from my grandfather," he shrugged.